Rough idle and misfiring, but no codes

jballentine

Dec 24, 2011
Is your TB a I6 or V/8? Your profile got lost in the transfer to the new system.
Did you remove the throttle body and clean the back side? Reset the ecm?

I6, yes I cleaned the throttle body & reset the ecm. I might just under do the negative again & see what happens.

jballentine

Dec 24, 2011
current status on this funny idle. I read some other things online and started looking in replacing the variable valve timinng solenoid. Here is the Amazon link.....http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004AIIYTW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . I had taken it out before and cleaned it so I think the electonic stuff in the part might have been going out. I started it up in the garage and let it idle for 5 minutes or so and it didnt act funny. There was no sludge build up when I took the old one out so hopefully this may help some others that are having this funny idle with no check engine code.

teachagmech

Nov 3, 2014
jballentine said:
current status on this funny idle. I read some other things online and started looking in replacing the variable valve timinng solenoid. Here is the Amazon link.....http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004AIIYTW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . I had taken it out before and cleaned it so I think the electonic stuff in the part might have been going out. I started it up in the garage and let it idle for 5 minutes or so and it didnt act funny. There was no sludge build up when I took the old one out so hopefully this may help some others that are having this funny idle with no check engine code.
I did that to my wife's car and it didnt seem to help after a few days. I wish I had a good diagnostic computer. It's annoying for sure. It almost stalls when you first stop at a light. Almost like the torque converter isn't disengaging fast enough. But sometimes just idling in the driveway in Park it will miss and flutter a bit. No codes, no flashing SES.

Dillyo82

Aug 17, 2012
I too have had the Intermittent Studder at Redlights. It seems to happen every couple of months.
I changed the CPAS 5 months ago with no problems until last week.
I do regular Oil/Fluid Changes.
Changed Spark Plugs 30k miles ago with the 41-103 Plugs and even flushed Transmission fluid with Castrol Synthetic Blend 10k mi ago.
Need to Clean the TB and K&N again. (Cleaned 4/2013).

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online