Removing Secondary Air Injection System

Hypnotoad

Dec 5, 2011
If any of you guys that are removing your pumps want to sell your old one, let me know. I'm looking for one from a 2004-2005.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Will 06 help ya. I heat mine occasionally but the code is deleted and it could be removed.

Hypnotoad

Dec 5, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Will 06 help ya. I heat mine occasionally but the code is deleted and it could be removed.

I think 06+ are different from 04-05. Thanks anyway.

Is it this one,

suzu6y7a.jpg

or this one?

a2equ3eq.jpg

I'm looking for the first one, with the 90 degree inlet.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I will check

iowamoe300

May 11, 2012
I think removing the entire system is a fantastic idea! I am on my 3rd pump failure and have replaced the solenoid 3 times as well. The whole system is poorly designed and unnecessary! I am going to get my pcm tuned and have them remove the code. If I leave the solenoid attached but unplugged, wouldn't it be closed all the time, eliminating the need for removing it completely and installing the plate? Then I could just remove the air pump and hoses, plug up the intake hole and call it a day or just leave the pump in place with all the fuses removed.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Probably much cheaper to remove the system than to maintain it. I would guess that the pumps and solenoids aren't cheap so after replacing it once or twice you'd be over the cost of removing it when it messed up the first time.

Reactions: iowamoe300

Shdwdrgn

Dec 4, 2011
Don't count on the solenoid being closed when not in use. Mine actually had some build-up which kept it from shutting completely, so when I removed the solenoid you could see residue where the exhaust had been leaking around it. The block-off plate is less than $10 from the dealer, well worth it to just close the system off and never have to worry about it. However, if you need to leave the solenoid in place for appearances, you could get a solid piece of gasket material and cut it to fit.

Mikey71

Sep 28, 2020
Stillwater mn
Ive been having code and decided to pull the fuses and disconnect solenoid and removed pump to inspect. In the meantime I assume it's ok to drive I will get block off plate but don't have one yet. My question is I checked codes and knew I'd have the one but it's running rough and I have 7 codes all of Course are directed to air system. Did I forget something important I'm a bit nervous to drive but after everything I read I was under the assume it's fine and if I don't do a tune that's fine also I just would have check engine light correct? I drive alot and wouldn't be able to send off to tune place but read my codes regularly. I just don't want to mess anything up and wanted to verify that I am good. I capped and zipped tied hoses out of the way removed fuses, secured electrical connectors. Did I miss something or am I being paranoid lol thanks in advance

Mikey71

Sep 28, 2020
Stillwater mn
Ive been having code and decided to pull the fuses and disconnect solenoid and removed pump to inspect. In the meantime I assume it's ok to drive I will get block off plate but don't have one yet. My question is I checked codes and knew I'd have the one but it's running rough and I have 7 codes all of Course are directed to air system. Did I forget something important I'm a bit nervous to drive but after everything I read I was under the assume it's fine and if I don't do a tune that's fine also I just would have check engine light correct? I drive alot and wouldn't be able to send off to tune place but read my codes regularly. I just don't want to mess anything up and wanted to verify that I am good. I capped and zipped tied hoses out of the way removed fuses, secured electrical connectors. Did I miss something or am I being paranoid lol thanks in advance
Codes I'm getting are p2432 p0412 p0418 p0411
I expected the p0411 but not others

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
They're all related to the SAIS so it's normal. Until you get that block off plate on it, it will likely continue to continue running rough and you'll likely get other codes like for a lean condition. You'll also need a tune to turn off those codes for the SAIS.

Reactions: xavierny25

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online