Removed PWM control from TCC

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That's crazy because they have the same kit without the servo although still with the replacement springs for it in the Transgo kit itself.

I could have overdrilled one of the holes in the separator plate. I didn't have the exact drill bit so I used the next smaller one and reamed it a little. Yeah, mine also feels like I'm being hit from behind in the 1-2 shift. If you're doing OK with yours dla442, I guess I'll live with it.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Hm mine doesn't do that. When cold the 1-2 shift hangs a bit and is a bit abrupt on the shift but it has done that since I got the truck, so it isn't the kit in my case. Odd.

Try letting up on the gas a bit when near the 1-2 shift point? That's just what I've done with mine. Don't really know why mine does that (only the first cold shift) but whatever.

dla442

Mar 31, 2012
grand rapids, mi
Yes...learned to be light on the gas but when you give it some..the belt can actually squawk when high rpm and the 1-2 shift happens. Breaks loose in the rain too....snappy snap! I think the servo has more to do with it being modified and heavier springs. Wife has learned to deal with it.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Yeah if I floor mine it'll chirp too, although I haven't tried it since I got a new belt. Mine was getting old. I still have the original tensioner so it may not be as tight as it used to be. Whatev, a chirp on a WOT shift is no big deal. Breaking loose in the rain when flooring it is normal for most vehicles. Don't floor it in the rain :tongue:

Campforlife

Aug 20, 2014
So I started another thread before finding out that my issues seemed to mirror this thread. Hoping to revive this thread and get some answers.

Tranny has 139K miles and for about a month I've been having the fluctuation in RPMs (about 200) at about 50-60 MPH on level runs. Very little gas peddle pressure. When this happens and I tap the break with my left foot while keeping gas peddle pressure steady the RPS rise about 300 and then drop back down again in a couple of seconds. I am also getting and engine shudder when coming to a stop.

I've read a lot about the fix in this thread but am not enough of a mechanic to do this on my own. What is your best diagnosis and what are the chances that my local Chevy dealer will diagnose correctly the first time and any ideas on the cost.

Do you think this is a Torque Convert Clutch problem? Or other?

I've got a long road Christmas trip in a week and need help fast. Thanks.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Reactions: BlazingTrails

Campforlife

Aug 20, 2014
Thanks Mooseman. Not enough time to get to a transmission shop before our trip so hopefully it performs well. We are a one car family at the time so no other options.

If we make it back to Oklahoma indecent free I'll check into a tranny shop. Until then, loaded up on blankets, water, candles and the AAA membership is up to date.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
For what it is worth my old 98 Camaro with the same transmission went well over a year (almost 2) acting like that before it got really bad and I figured out what the fix was.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online

No members online now.