Remote start question

IAFF78

Original poster
Dec 29, 2011
Good evening all!!

I remember on my old trailblazer I was able to buy a remote start add on that worked using the factory keyfob. I'm looking to buy a remote start system for my current vehicle but am having trouble finding just the "add on" feature. I'm happy with the factory alarm and dont feel like carrying around another keyfob on my key chain. Does anyone know if this feature still exist and if so, who makes it. I believe my old one was made by DEI.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

coolasice

Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
most newer remote starts have all the same options as the factory keyfob with longer range. why keep the factory fob when you can double the range and have a nicer one?

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
We have a big thread on remote starters somewhere on here. If I can dig it up, I'll link it.

One major complaint about our key fob is that the approach angles are not practical due to the receiver being in the lift gate as opposed to say on the front dash.

I've debated remote starts living in Colorado and if I ever do get one, I'm wanting one with a different fob. I like being different (all Chevy keys & fobs are identical).

:2cents:

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
IAFF78 said:
Good evening all!!

I'm happy with the factory alarm and dont feel like carrying around another keyfob on my key chain.
Do you have an alarm or just lock/unlock?

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
The one I just did retains factory arm and disarm while using another fob. Better range too. It all interfaces with the truck, minimal wire tapping.

Reactions: RTTBLT1

coolasice

Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
Fortin Int-sl+ is what I used for my bypass interface and an ultrastructure remote start unit. Runs over the canbus/obd2 system. 4 wires for the bypass and 6 for the start module I believe.

jsheahawk

Jan 16, 2013
Kansas City
Could we get a link for this please? I am looking for one that is easy to install. I do not want to mess with the wiring too much (already have enough :wink: )
It'll be limited, but you'll still be soldering wires to the ignition harness. It's really not a tough job if you're organized.

https://gmtnation.com/forums/threads/crimestopper-remote-starter-installation.16762/#post-528764

https://gmtnation.com/forums/thread...alarm-remote-starting.7675/page-2#post-508962

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online