recirculation button turns AC on...

sunliner

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
06 Trailblazer LS. Whenever I push the recirculation button, it turns on the AC compressor just as if I pushed the AC button right next to it. Wiring issue? bad module? Chevrolet logic?

AtlWrk

Dec 6, 2011
Chevy logic (though I've seen it in others too). Supposedly the intent is dehumidify the interior so you don't fog up all the windows. Same reason it comes on when you put on defrost and why you can't put it in recirc when in a defrost mode.

Reactions: Capote

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
BMW has done for decades as well as others.

Reactions: Capote

sunliner

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
Chevy logic (though I've seen it in others too). Supposedly the intent is dehumidify the interior so you don't fog up all the windows. Same reason it comes on when you put on defrost and why you can't put it in recirc when in a defrost mode.

Makes sense, I suppose. I'm just old fashioned and/or a control freak...I like to be the one to decide how the vent works, as well as when the doors lock and the lights come on.

Reactions: C-ya

vipergg

Dec 7, 2011
Kind of like why did GM PUT power windows and locks in all models but did not give all models remote keyless entry.

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
GM has done this for decades.
The old "Max" setting in the late 60's-80's cars was the recirculate setting then. It was always on the AC side of the sliders.,,.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online