Rear sway bar link replacement

DanD

Original poster
Mar 23, 2014
Hewitt, WI
Will soon replace the rear links on my 03 LTZ. Passenger side is loose and clunks. Anyway, I have a simple question that may be obvious once I get into the job. The new NAPA links came with one washer. Where does the one washer go? I am asking just in case there is no washer on the original set up to guide me. I did the fronts a year or two ago and they didn't come with a washer. I did a google search on this and searched on here and came up with no results.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Will soon replace the rear links on my 03 LTZ. Passenger side is loose and clunks. Anyway, I have a simple question that may be obvious once I get into the job. The new NAPA links came with one washer. Where does the one washer go? I am asking just in case there is no washer on the original set up to guide me. I did the fronts a year or two ago and they didn't come with a washer. I did a google search on this and searched on here and came up with no results.
I just did all my end links 2 weeks ago (they were soooooo doneand were the original ones, substantially more stiff of a ride now) and I also had washers included with the rear ones. Honestly I don't see why a washer is needed because the end links use a locking/crush type nut. I also mark everything suspension and drivetrain wise with a paint marker to see if anything is walking out. But to answer your question, apparently the washer is supposed to go behind the top bolt for the end link IIRC. But IMO it isn't needed.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
All the links I've had never had washers (OEM, Moog, and another brand I can't think of).

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
All the links I've had never had washers (OEM, Moog, and another brand I can't think of).
Maybe the OP ordered some private label cheaper priced ebay ones like I did?

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I couldn't be bothered and removed the rear bar completely.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.