Problems pulling in to parking spots....

GMDUDE2003

Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
The_Roadie said:
Very small, especially since it should light up the "Service AWD" light if it fails to move properly when commanded. I think the clutches have a problem and are transferring more than the desired 5% torque when there's no wheel slippage.

Ahhh I see. Do you believe this is more than them being stuck together (obviously harder to tell with out it opened up) ? It's just odd that the new motor corrected the problem, but seems as if they're stuck together again ?

GMDUDE2003

Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
Maybe the new motor was stronger than the Factory (if it was lol) and was able to get them loose ?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
With good fluid at the right level, I don't see many reports of stickiness that an encoder motor has any effect on. More usual broken plate fragments jamming them up.

But that said, we're not a forum full of transfer case rebuilders for the most part. We're generally folks who have enough money for a junkyard unit that takes a LOT less time and money to slap in there when they break. Plenty of inventory in the junkyards (car-parts.com) and Ebay.

GMDUDE2003

Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
The_Roadie said:
With good fluid at the right level, I don't see many reports of stickiness that an encoder motor has any effect on. More usual broken plate fragments jamming them up.

But that said, we're not a forum full of transfer case rebuilders for the most part. We're generally folks who have enough money for a junkyard unit that takes a LOT less time and money to slap in there when they break. Plenty of inventory in the junkyards (car-parts.com) and Ebay.

Oh dont say that I value every word typed from you guys. This is just unknown country for me lol. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to do a fluid change again and check for fools gold lol. Oddly enough OReilly's carries the fluid in stock lol.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesussaves

Members Online