Power seats inop when vehicle started, seat heaters quit

Fishhunter911

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
I have an odd one. WHen my 2007 Yukon is off, no key in, the power seats operate as they should, the adjustable peddles move forward and back. Once I start the truck, the seats and peddles will only move at best a 1/4 inch at a time with having to wait 5 seconds or so between button presses. The seat heaters turn on for 5 seconds max no matter if the truck is running or not. This also happens when the seat memory buttons are pushed. I am at my wits end with this. I have a back back injury and need to adjust my seat all the time. I cannot climb under the dash or seat to troubleshoot this. Anyone have any info on what may actually be causing this? Thanks!! Joe

EDIT: I have tried doing some searches but I have not been able to find anything that matches all of this happening at the same time...I suspect the BCM, but could also be the peddle position sensor. Don't have a lot of money to throw parts at it.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Does the seat power come from an auto-resetting circuit breaker like the GMT360? If so, it might be that the lower battery voltage delivers fewer amps to the seat circuit, but when the engine's running, your alternator is putting out a higher voltage that's tripping a weak breaker? Or your alternator is failing to regulate well and you're getting 15+ volts on the bus and that can fry your battery if left undetected. Either one of those would be my 95% confidence level diagnosis.

Do any other circuits behave this way, like windows?

Fishhunter911

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Thanks Bill! Everything else works as it should. The Alternator seems to be regulating as it should (DVM checked). I never thought to check the breaker!. I will have to check into that.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online