Power Seat Switch Panel

Rod10744

Original poster
Aug 15, 2015
Jacksonville, FL
My driver's seat is not working. Will not travel on rail. I have removed the switch panel for a better look at things. Has anyone ever separated the knobs from the switches ?

I am trying to avoid breakage. Underside of seat is very clean. Thinking of pulling it. Is 70 lbs a reasonable guess as far as weight ?Seat Switch Panel -1 (Small).jpgSeat Switch Panel-2 (Small).jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Do the seat back and lumbar support functions work? Or does it appear totally dead?

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Rod10744 said:
Has anyone ever separated the knobs from the switches ?
Yeah I've had mine apart before. I (carefully) pulled back the tabs which hold the switch in the panel, and popped the switch off of the panel which made the knobs pop off in the process. I think I have a spare sitting at my shop, if I do then tomorrow I'll post some pics of it knob-less.

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
If the motor is getting power you can usually hear it engage the motor. Idk if you can get in there with a test light while the seat is installed, never looked that close.

Gerbil21

May 28, 2014
If you can hear the motor click then most likely the track is bound up.

This happens to me alot since I have the seat all the way to the rear, if the seat gets pushed back more or tiled such as Getting your wallet from your back pocket it will throw the off.

Just get a large screw driver and put it in the seat track (on the side closest to shifter) and pry up on the silver part that rides in the track, do that once or twice and check if it works if not try again

Reactions: thebat

Rod10744

Original poster
Aug 15, 2015
Jacksonville, FL
Gerbil21

I tried your tip on prying up on rail insert. It won't move. I can't pull the seat from the vehicle because it is all the way back trapping the rear nut on the left rail. :mad:

Attachments

• Seat_Left Rail -01.jpg
    Seat_Left Rail -01.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 20

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Does the motor click when you move the button? Let's just try to troubleshoot what the real issue is. If the motor clicks, it's the seat track. If it doesn't click, then it might be the switch.

Gerbil21

May 28, 2014
Rod10744 said:
Gerbil21

I tried your tip on prying up on rail insert. It won't move. I can't pull the seat from the vehicle because it is all the way back trapping the rear nut on the left rail. :mad:
Sorry I forgot to say from the front of the track

Rod10744

Original poster
Aug 15, 2015
Jacksonville, FL
There is a clicking sound and I can see hair thin motion in the direction that the switch is actuated. I'll be very satisfied just for the seat to move far enough forward to untrap the rail bolt for removal.

Dec 4, 2011
I have had the same problem with my drivers seat. My solution is to put a large screwdriver on the silver colored piece on the outboard track (from the front) and give the screwdriver a tap with a hammer (tap not a hit). It seems this part binds up and won't allow the seat to travel back and forth. One or two taps and it works again (until the next time). i keep a screwdriver in the rear compartment for just this problem when it happens.

Hope this works for you

Reactions: Blckshdw

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
20150914_123030.jpg

Sorry for the late reply, here's the switch without knobs. And as others have said it does sound like it's not the switch.

Rod10744

Original poster
Aug 15, 2015
Jacksonville, FL
I was able to separate knobs from switches without breakage earlier. I will try the light tap on the silver piece. Will advise accordingly. Thanks for all input. [emoji3]

Rod10744

Original poster
Aug 15, 2015
Jacksonville, FL
I have tried on several occasions, some of the prescribed fixes to get the seat to move forward. I know for a fact it is not an electrical issue, but a mechanical bind !

I have decided to take it into a dealership. :frown:

Thanks for all the help in trying to resolve my problem.

thebat

May 14, 2017
New England
If you can hear the motor click then most likely the track is bound up.

This happens to me alot since I have the seat all the way to the rear, if the seat gets pushed back more or tiled such as Getting your wallet from your back pocket it will throw the off.

Just get a large screw driver and put it in the seat track (on the side closest to shifter) and pry up on the silver part that rides in the track, do that once or twice and check if it works if not try again

Wow! I struggled with this problem for weeks and then found your post. I just pried that little silver block up maybe an eighth inch or so. Seat now works great. Thank you.

Reactions: Gerbil21

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online