Posts being marked as read...when I didn't read them.

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Mat (Phantom) and I have noticed that when he reads a post, it will also show up as read on my account as well and vice versa. It is kind of a pain in the rear because I miss out on a lot of great posts and reads because it makes me think I have already read them, or the posts get moved to the bottom or next page and I never even see them.

Same thing happens for Mat as well. If I read a post, it will show that it has already been read on his account. We don't access each other's accounts, so it appears that GMT has linked our accounts some how?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Sounds like a cookie thing linked to your shared IP (beyond my expertise to troubleshoot). You log off GMTN and he logs in before reading anything? Are you on a PC, and do you log out of your PC user account as well?

I'd try making a separate user account on the PC to increase the separation. Then each user account should be able to stay logged into the GMTN access, and separate the cookies.

Upvote 0

Phantom

Jun 17, 2012
We log on with different computers. I don't go on hers and she doesn't go on mine. That's why were asking if our accounts are linked somehow.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Thread "Read Markers" are done with cookies. There is no way that two different computers can cause this... that I know of.

Do you use Tapatalk or ForumRunner?

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Phantom said:
We both have tapatalk too.

I would suspect that over the fact that your marking each other's threads as "read". Do you have Tapatalk notifications or subscriptions setup? I know that the biggest reason I don't get PM popups on the forum is because the notification was sent to my phone, effectively preventing the popup from occurring on a web browser.

Upvote 0

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
I have tapatalk but don't use it...in fact I have used it once and that was to set up my account. I use my laptop or my tablet only. I don't get notifications as I do not have any subscriptions as I opted out of all that. I think Mat still gets them through e-mail, but I do not.

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online