SUPPORT Post software upgrade issues

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
It may be something that needs adjusting. Jimmy is working on getting the gallery working properly. We are trying to prioritize the jobs.

Upvote 0

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
There could be an automatic resize feature that hasn't been turned on. I'm sure Jimmy will look into this as soon as possible.

Sorry, I didn't think about uploading from phones as I always do that from the PC.

Upvote 0

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Looks like there were options to upload the full pic, or just a thumbnail. Other pic is almost 3Mb, and it still uploads in Chrome.

20151015_152219.jpg 20150814_161659.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
That's pretty weird. Could it be a file extension issue? You have any JPGs that are a similar size?

Upvote 0

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Mine takes pics in JPG format. Weird. Though PNG or JPG shouldn't matter any really, unless in the backend the file size limit is set differently between the different formats (I've seen that sort of thing before and it makes no sense)

Reactions: BlazingTrails
Upvote 0

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
This started last night around 9 or 10pm. On windows PC in firefox, chrome, and internet exploder.

When inserting pictures using the button on the toolbar above, i have to click it twice before the window pops up for the picture URL. Enter the URL and hit insert and nothing happens. The popup window is still up. Clicking cancel or the red X does not do anything either. Refresh the page and if i clicked insert at least three times then the picture is entered in the saved post box three times. Delete the extra pictures with the back space button and the post posts just fine.

Upvote 0

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I think there are some issues with the javascript execution, on my PC and laptop anyway. When I have ad block disabled, I do not get the pop up windows when mousing over/clicking my inbox or alerts, or the user info window when clicking on someone's avatar. I just get the 3 bar animation in the top right corner cycling as if it's trying to load something, but can't.

As soon as a enable ad block, everything works as normal. Don't have this issue on the mobile site either.

Upvote 0

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'm having the same issues and more. Can't get list of smilies to come up or hover menus working properly. Edit is also not working. Some hover menus work if you hover right at the lower edge of the button but it won't go away unless I refresh the screen.

I tried rebooting and clearing my cookies. Same thing in both FF and Chrome

Jimmy has been advised.

Reactions: BlazingTrails
Upvote 0

BlazingTrails

Original poster
Apr 27, 2014
I hate to have to bring this up again, but this issue is really aggravating.

WHERE IS THE GALLERY?? It has been brought up several times, my build thread is garbage now, my how-to threads have no pictures and I would really like this to be corrected. I even looked for the pics on my computer but I can't really figure out which pics are supposed to be where. This is very frustrating.

Need I remind the powers that be that we pay money for this.

Thanks

:rant:

Edit: The first post of my build thread alone is supposed to have around 40 photos.......

Last edited:
Reactions: dmanns67 and Sib
Upvote 0

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
@Jman423
@djthumper

Tagging you two since you guys (or at least Jimmy) would know what's up.

Upvote 0

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Yep, I actually think he is working on that with a vendor of the product for an add-on or something.

Upvote 0

BlazingTrails

Original poster
Apr 27, 2014
It would be nice if this could at least be addressed/acknowledged after all of this time. Maybe he could pop in and let us know what is actually going on and maybe even a timeline on a solution?

I have had several people pm'ing me about tail light mods and such because there are no pictures. It is getting pretty frustrating because I made the thread with very detailed pics. This makes it as though I just slapped something together. I don't have time to keep sending people pics of mods.....

Reactions: SnowBlazer
Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online