SUPPORT Post software upgrade issues

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Am I the only one that's sees no avatars for anyone? Seems that they crapped out for everybody.

-would edit a screenshot into my post but I'm getting an error.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Am I the only one that's sees no avatars for anyone? Seems that they cropped out for everybody.

-would edit a screenshot into my post but I'm getting an error.
I don't see any avatar either

Upvote 0

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just got word from Jimmy, he's preparing to move to a new server and this is one of the effects. Should be back in a few hours so not to worry.

Reactions: Mounce and dmanns67
Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Yes, currently, attachment thumbs are working, but I'm still trying to get the attachments themselves to display. Nothing has been lost, just a quick inconvenience.

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ
Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
I assume the vehicle data and user location will be shown eventually, right?
For the life of me, I can't get it to work properly. It seems like it would be easy, but it's resisting my attempts.

This is what I'm going for:

Username
Year Make
Model Trim
Color Engine
etc... etc...

What I won't do is:
Username
Year
Make
Model
Trim
Color
Engine
etc...

That just makes the userinfo panel way to tall, so that's not an option.

Upvote 0

dkvasnicka

Jul 24, 2015
Czech republic, Europe
Curious, how does one go about updating their status? I've looked and looked and can't seem to put it together......:undecided:

There was a status box on the right side of the homepage, as far as I can remember... Don't see it there now and I think I haven't seen it there for quite some time, now that I'm thinking about it.

The gallery is acting the same way, no thumbnails. Also, when I click on "Your Albums", nothing comes up.

Is gallery for paying members only? I don't see anything like that here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Is the gallery for paying members only? I don't see anything like that here.

Gallery should be open to everyone. I think the only difference is that you get more storage space as a Silver or Gold supporting member.

Although, I am not even sure how to find my albums. Old software had a link on my profile page. I do not even see the gallery listed on the top menu at the moment.

Also noticed all of the videos are gone. Just have a circle and exclamation mark in the middle.

Upvote 0

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Is gallery for paying members only? I don't see anything like that here.

Gallery should be open to everyone. I think the only difference is that you get more storage space as a Silver or Gold supporting member.

Although, I am not even sure how to find my albums. Old software had a link on my profile page. I do not even see the gallery listed on the top menu at the moment.

Also noticed all of the videos are gone. Just have a circle and exclamation mark in the middle.
The gallery is temporarily down at this time. We hope it will be back up and running soon. I am not sure on the videos if they are part of all of this or not.

Upvote 0

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Which videos are missing? I checked the last page of the random videos thread, and everything posted after the upgrade are showing up properly. The old posts haven't been converted yet.

Upvote 0

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Which videos are missing? I checked the last page of the random videos thread, and everything posted after the upgrade are showing up properly. The old posts haven't been converted yet.

Must be my laptop then. None of the videos in the random video thread are showing up on my computer :compu-punch:

Upvote 0

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Upvote 0

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Reactions: BlazingTrails
Upvote 0

BlazingTrails

Original poster
Apr 27, 2014
3 more items. on the mobile site I can not post links, also I can not skip spaces at all. If I hit enter to go to a new line it does nothing. That is the most annoying thing ever. And also it told me this morning when I tried to upload a picture that it was over 1mb and was "too large". That has not happened before. Thanks for all the hard work, just an FYI when you get to it.

Upvote 0

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Trying the enter key on my phone now. Yep, you're right it doesn't actually work. Cursor moves down a line with the first press, doesn't move with another press, then typing again puts it back at the end of the line. Weird.

Upvote 0

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
I click "New Posts" then click the lil dot to the right of the thread title to go to the first unread post right... In the word association and change one letter threads i scroll down to the post box reading each post as i scroll down. I enter in the word and click "Post Reply" right. Then i see there is an additional post above mine that was not there. From like seven minutes earlier it says. It normally takes me less than a minute to scroll down and submit a post. I thought i was tripping the first five times it happened.

Upvote 0

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Could be a Firefox thing with Android. Have you tried Chrome? Firefox on PC has no issues.

Upvote 0

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Huh, I tried it in Firefox on my phone too, didn't try Chrome. Weird.

Upvote 0

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
No problem for me. Using latest version 41.0.2

Upvote 0

BlazingTrails

Original poster
Apr 27, 2014
On the pc Firefox is always my preference, and is usually the only browser that is compatible with everything. That's why I was shocked when that was my problem on my phone. I am on chrome right now on my phone, and it seems to be fully compatible with this new software. .....

Edit: I can no longer upload pictures at all, it says they are too large which is crazy. It says 1mb max on my upload screen. 1mb is nothing. .....

Upvote 0

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It could be a site limit (Jimmy could confirm this). Although 1MB might not sound like a lot, it`s more than enough for on-screen viewing. I usually reduce mine to 200-400k.

Storage space costs money so limits have to be put in place.

Upvote 0

BlazingTrails

Original poster
Apr 27, 2014
1mb is unacceptable imo, I don't have time to reduce every photo I want to post from my phone. Even if I set my camera to the lowest resolution it will not allow me to upload it. A lot of people including myself contribute to this site financially so space should not be THAT much of an issue. Now I can get on my computer and upload (15) 8mb photos, so I don't believe that the space is the issue. Just my opinion :smile:

Also the software should automatically resize the photos during the upload process to the acceptable size limit. There have been several photos I have wanted to upload and could not. Even screen shots were too large....a lot of times I would screen shot a phot I took to reduce the size. ...not anymore.

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online