plug change and tb cleaning

LordBear

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
well..not to big a thing here..just sharing... any who..been having an issue while in park or putting in reverse the vehicle wanted to die and infact would would die if in park and you gave it a little throttle.. so any who... havnt had the vehicle for 2 long but the last owners did say they had plugs done a while back and just had an oil change done.... any how after finding a couple things i really didnt trust what they said ..

so got the stuff this afternoon and my cuz and i replaced the plugs and cleaned the tb.. i did find that it did have newer plugs and some one was nice enough to use some anti seize.. one of the plugs seemed to be swimming though .. it had a lot of fluid around the thread?? guessing they got anti sieze happy and it was runny?? im hoping... any who they had bosch plats i think..was paying much attention to what kind.. either way they had the 4 prongs on the bottom of the plug. didnt look to abused...

but the truck ran great after words. and i think it was running like crap do to having the bosch plugs. i have seen a couple times here in the forums, that bosch seem to have issues in our vehicles... so i am just going to stick with the ac delcos.
Edit/Delete Message

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

LordBear

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
yah it was only in one plug hole and only around the threads.. will check on that some time for the valve cover being tight...and after reading the forums on the last site.. that is indeed the plugs i got...spendy little buggers but it did clear up my problem so worth it. probably cheaper than the bosch quad tip plugs that were in it though..lol.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
I looked recently and they're over $7 a piece at Amazon. Glad their high mileage plugs but that's probably why they cost so much.

LordBear

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
yah..$7 is what i paid for them at orielys aka schucks. so far worth it though... like i said ..not stalling out in reverse or in park and the butt dyno seems to think things are doing better as well... so far any who..lol.. is that the plugs or the tb cleaning or both though.. after cleaning the tb.. and looking at that..almost seems pointless to clean it.. yah it was nasty..but was nasty past that as well and cant really get to that that well.. nothing to slow down the build up of that sludge.. seems like it should be running worse with the way that builds up.. probably missing something some where but just dont see where a tb cleaning is going to do much..

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
LordBear said:
yah..$7 is what i paid for them at orielys aka schucks. so far worth it though... like i said ..not stalling out in reverse or in park and the butt dyno seems to think things are doing better as well... so far any who..lol.. is that the plugs or the tb cleaning or both though.. after cleaning the tb.. and looking at that..almost seems pointless to clean it.. yah it was nasty..but was nasty past that as well and cant really get to that that well.. nothing to slow down the build up of that sludge.. seems like it should be running worse with the way that builds up.. probably missing something some where but just dont see where a tb cleaning is going to do much..

This will help explain it: http://gmtnation.com/f25/why-you-may-need-clean-4-2l-i6-throttle-body-799/

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chriswilson5585

Members Online