Please, please black on white font

TonyT

Original poster
May 6, 2012
Please, please darken the grey font to black. I have recenlty had a catastrophic vision impairment such that I might no longer be able to drive even after the docs have done what they can. I have a great deal of trouble reading even the medium grey on white that is used on this fourm. Even something what to most of you is so easy to read as at the top of this page is a lot more work for me. Text such as "Feedback about the new forum software has been very positive." And yes I've significantly enlarged the front.

The dark humour side of me is thinking that you're thinking "Well, if you can't drive then just what are you doing reading an vehicle forum for anyhow?" And you have a point there. <sigh>

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I played around with the browser and I was able to increase the size of everything by holding the CTRL and pressing the + key. I also changed the settings to not allow the site to choose the font so I was able to get it to black.

Reactions: Camdo
Upvote 0

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
While I understand your desire to see the site more clearly, changing all the fonts, settings, and colors really wouldn't work well. It would, in essence, break our template. Most computers have the ability to change font sizes, display sizes, and change the colors you see on the screen.

That said, I used to work for a man that was almost completely blind. I was tasked with helping him set up an learn to use some of the software designed for people with impaired vision. It sounds like you may benefit from some of that software. One was called Zoomtext. It allowed my former boss to surf a page as normal, but with simple key strokes he could enlarge a page, a sentence, a word, or an image. He could also change the colors on the screen to better suit his vision.

Most US states have offices to support the needs of the visually impaired. I would suggest that they would be more capable of helping you than I am. I would suspect that Canada has something similar.

Reactions: djthumper
Upvote 0

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
In Chrome, Ctrl + + will zoom. There may be different shortcuts in other browsers though this seems to be the most intuitive choice.

In the settings page on Chrome, you can also force fonts to be larger from the start (allows up to size 24 before zoom, which is a pretty nice size because I just tested it), or be a particular font. There's also the option of a Google-supplied extension for "advanced font settings," it may offer color changing but I don't know, all it shows me on the page for it is some other crap.

Upvote 0

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And if you're using Windows, the is the Ease of Access settings in the Control Panel that may also help with the display overall.

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online

No members online now.