Pet Peeves

CruzinQueen

Dec 30, 2011
When I park my car in the back of the lot and some idiot in a beat up Buick parks like 2 inches from my car. Or people who do not properly coral their shopping carts. Or, finally, people driving Priuses because they are totally senseless and people think they are doing the environment a huge favor, when in reality their are nicer, normal looking cars out there getting equally as good of gas mileage (Ford Fusion hybrid, Chevy Cruze Eco....). Toyotas are just so over-rated...sigh.

Or, even worse, "Smart cars"....

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
CruzinQueen said:
When I park my car in the back of the lot and some idiot in a beat up Buick parks like 2 inches from my car. Or people who do not properly coral their shopping carts. Or, finally, people driving Priuses because they are totally senseless and people think they are doing the environment a huge favor, when in reality their are nicer, normal looking cars out there getting equally as good of gas mileage (Ford Fusion hybrid, Chevy Cruze Eco....). Toyotas are just so over-rated...sigh.

x10 on the Prius or electric cars. Like the electricity from the outlet comes from jellybean fields and not almost all coal. Of course my even bigger pet peeve is the subsidy from the taxpayers for the volt and similar and of course beyond that the guts to try to have us believe we have any effect on the global climate.

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
CruzinQueen said:

We pick Priuses off our grilles :rotfl: I'm not a big fan of toyotas or hondas either! I would rather have one of those over a ricer car any day though! If your car sounds like its farting then its not fast! Sorry your 4 banger wont do you much good lol

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
willn513 said:
I have a weird thing about feet on the dash or hanging out the windows. CAN'T stand it.

I saw some guy once driving with one foot out the window :tequila: They will learn once there foot breaks off from there air bag or getting T-Boned or something!

Busterbrown

Dec 4, 2011
suburbs said:
Entitlement.

Well stated. It includes most of the city of Detroit.

tripplesix

Jan 26, 2012
suburbs said:
Entitlement.

Oooooooooo YES!!!
:mad:
(Not even gonna say what i do for a living!)
Wait... Let me be clear... For me it is the mindset of entitlement.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
tripplesix said:
Oooooooooo YES!!!
:mad:
(Not even gonna say what i do for a living!)
Wait... Let me be clear... For me it is the mindset of entitlement.

I will freely tell everyone, I am a Bail Bondsman. I have stood in the lobby of a jail filling out the paperwork to bail out a ladies boyfriend and when I asked her for proof of employment she showed me bank statements showing welfare deposits. She truly felt that the fact that she was a single mother with 6 kids and the state of Indiana was paying her welfare for them, that that counted as income. Needless to say, I told her that wasn't good enough and that I needed someone with a real job to sign for him. She was not happy!

tripplesix

Jan 26, 2012
Regulator said:
I will freely tell everyone, I am a Bail Bondsman. I have stood in the lobby of a jail filling out the paperwork to bail out a ladies boyfriend and when I asked her for proof of employment she showed me bank statements showing welfare deposits. She truly felt that the fact that she was a single mother with 6 kids and the state of Indiana was paying her welfare for them, that that counted as income. Needless to say, I told her that wasn't good enough and that I needed someone with a real job to sign for him. She was not happy!

Funny thing (and sadly) is that in my field, it IS income.
This is what i have to deal with: "what do u mean u only have $83? What is that gonna do for me?"
In my head i say this: "[expletive] if u would've been paying your [expletive] pepco bill you wouldn't owe them $2400! That's your bill not mine. You can kiss my [expletive].
But instead i have to say that same thing in a different way.
*sigh* The mindset of entitlement.

TrailBlazn420

Dec 4, 2011
If you work at a place where you have to answer the phone and someone asks, "Are you open?"

"No @$$#013, I just like hanging out here when we're closed so I can answer the phone in case someone wants to know the status of our operating hours...":hissyfit:

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
I have to say I HATE when professors or there stupid graders take off points for STUPID things!! I lost a point today because I did not type my name :hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit: like WTF!! You never stated that ANYWHERE or anything!! I would have gotten a 100% if it wasnt for that! Soo annoying!! :mad:

TrailBlazn420 said:
If you work at a place where you have to answer the phone and someone asks, "Are you open?"

"No @$$#013, I just like hanging out here when we're closed so I can answer the phone in case someone wants to know the status of our operating hours...":hissyfit:

:dielaugh::dielaugh: That is funny!! Or how about when someone walks in and goes when do you guys close and there is a big sign before you walk in saying the hours! lol

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
TrailBlazn420 said:

Or when the doors are locked and they keep pulling on them. Had someone ram our locked doors at the store the other day with a cart. Then he asked when we started closing. "Uhhhhh 4 1/2 years ago" He asked how he was able to shop at 3am just last month. Evidently it wasn't here. . . .

People around here refer to Welfare Day as their Pay Day. All you do is sit on your ass, watch TV, drink beer and smoke weed.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
People who zip to the end of an ending lane and cut in line. Especially when they cut me off to get in front of me in a line of traffic when there was a BIG WIDE OPEN SPACE RIGHT BEHIND ME! :mad: :hissyfit:

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
UNKOWN NAME said:
I lost a point today because I did not type my name :hissyfit::hissyfit::hissyfit: like WTF!! You never stated that ANYWHERE or anything!! I would have gotten a 100% if it wasnt for that! Soo annoying!! :mad:

Don't you know that? It's the first thing that should be done. I've been taught well.

Sparky said:
People who zip to the end of an ending lane and cut in line. Especially when they cut me off to get in front of me in a line of traffic when there was a BIG WIDE OPEN SPACE RIGHT BEHIND ME! :mad: :hissyfit:

Gets me all the time, but usually pulling out in front of me from another road. When they accelerate fast and go above the speed limit, then it's not such a problem. It's even funnier when they get caught by a hiding cop.

suburbs

Jan 6, 2012
View attachment 18361

There is the urge to be polite and follow the unwritten rules that have always been in place...but why merge a mile upstream and let all that highway real estate sit empty?

Fill all the space and alternate vehicles at the merge point.

Attachments

• 6.09-Zipper-Merge-logo.jpg
    6.09-Zipper-Merge-logo.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 70

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
DJones said:
Don't you know that? It's the first thing that should be done. I've been taught well.

I was never once taught to ever type me name when printing a work sheet the professor puts up for us. I usually always type my name for the heck of it to make it neater but this time I forgot and said forget it and wrote my name. Of course I loose a point for that one time! Apparently it is a must to do that in the class

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
One thing that really irritates me is stupid people. Take this example, some moron trying to scam a bunch of people by impersonating the IRS. Let's review the number of FAILs present here.

1. The sender's email address. Somehow I doubt the IRS uses freemail.hu as their domain :lipsrsealed:
  2. All of the recipients' email addresses were displayed for everyone to see. :duh:
  3. Quoting the tax filing deadline as 1/31/2012 Really? Most people don't even have their W2's by then! :no:
  4. Hovering the mouse over their referral link shows the following web address. Doesn't take a genius to know clicking on that would be a bad idea. :nono:

Attachments

• psIRS Hack FAIL.jpg
    psIRS Hack FAIL.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 15

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I just have to say, Not EVERYONE using welfare is just doing so to suck the government dry. My neighbor is a single mother who works her ass off at 2 jobs to raise her son, and she collects welfare. I take offense sometimes(call it a pet peeve) lol when people automatically assume that those on welfare are lazy asses. 50% of those on welfare are truly in need of it and 50% probably do use it to suck the state dry and not have to work. But not ALL people on it are lazy alcoholics sitting in front of their TV's not doing a damn thing. And go ahead and get all bent out of shape because of my opinion...I dont care :raspberry:

Now 2 things I can't stand...Drivers who do 5-10mph UNDER the speed limit using excessive breaking, do the speed limit or hand over your damn license to the DMV.( I can see driving that slow with bad weather/roads)

Riding my trucks ass when I have children in the vehicle. Usually I can be pretty patient, but most of the time if I don't break check you on the highway I will slow the car down to the speed of another car in the opposite lane, and block you from passing, or if it's in town...I will do 10mph the whole way until your ass decides to turn down a side street :smile: I will slow boat with the kids, but won't break check with them in the car...I have actually been rear ended by break checking a mustang :biggrin:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
My welfare pet peeve... People like my wife's cousin who have figured out that when she has her 5th child...oldest is 5, she can quit work because welfare pays her more, so she is actively trying to get pregnant so we all can pay for her to stay home with her hubby and kids since he is a bum and wont work. I work my ass off to allow my wife to stay home.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
My welfare pet peeve... People like my wife's cousin who have figured out that when she has her 5th child...oldest is 5, she can quit work because welfare pays her more, so she is actively trying to get pregnant so we all can pay for her to stay home with her hubby and kids since he is a bum and wont work. I work my ass off to allow my wife to stay home.

THAT I will have to agree is ridiculous. My husband also works his ass of so that I can stay home with our children(However I do have an income that is NOT welfare). I just know that people like your wife's cousin has ultimately given everyone on welfare or trying to get welfare a bad name. Not everyone is like that though.

nismo0886

Jan 10, 2012
People who dont pay their bill then call in pissed because their services got turned off and want to pay the minimum to get it turned on because they feel they deserve special treatment

Chickenhawk

Dec 6, 2011
I sometimes stand directly beside people with automatic weapons, firing REAL bullets. I teach people how to shoot shotguns really really fast in high stress situations. I rarely wear my body armour because it is bright red; might only make me a better target when it attracts the eye, and I don't think the instructor wearing thicker body armour than anyone else really inspires confidence on the part of students anyway. (I never said I was all that bright.)

All that being said, do you know how I will die? Someone will run over me while I am walking down my own street half a block from my home.

I walk a lot, and it gives one an entirely new perspective on bad driving. I nearly get hit by vehicles every single time I am out walking. The WORST bad habits of drivers - and it is not just the stupid ones or the distracted ones; it is EVERYONE - is NOT stopping before they come to the sidewalk when leaving a back lane, not stopping BEFORE the stop sign when approaching an intersection, and not looking to their left for possible pedestrians crossing the side street before turning left at an intersection.

When I say this happens to me every single time I am walking down the street, I am not exaggerating. The amount of times drivers don't see me until the last second and then have to slam on their brakes and skid to a stop to avoid hitting me is scary.

One of these days, one of them will accidentally hit the gas instead of the brake and I am dead.

I wish every forum member in here would do two simple things. One, teach their driving age kids to always stop BEFORE they get to where pedestrians may be and THEN creep toward the intersection, and to always look to their left before turning to check for pedestrians, and two; check their own habits to see if they lead by example. Every time I see a car drive down a back lane and only stop just before they come to the road, I think to myself "What if there was a kid about ten feet in front of me and that car just slid over top of them?"

Take a walk around your own neighborhood and see if I am right.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Voymom said:
THAT I will have to agree is ridiculous. My husband also works his ass of so that I can stay home with our children(However I do have an income that is NOT welfare). I just know that people like your wife's cousin has ultimately given everyone on welfare or trying to get welfare a bad name. Not everyone is like that though.

Let's just say the pet peeve is welfare fraud and abuse. One of my first experiences with welfare was in Arizona last week. The family and I were on vacation and stocking up food for the hotel room at the grocery store. There were 5 well dressed black people in front of us with the mother-load of junkfood, soda, sugary drinks and every kind of candy you could fit. The bill was huge and a lady whipped out here EBT card to pay for it all. Literally not a single piece of fruit or otherwise anything you would consider healthy. I didn't see any handicaps or wheelchairs or seemingly anything keeping these ablebodied people away from working.
What bothers me is that people actually believe they are entitled to something that someone else earned. That to me is the worst kind of person, the kind without morals or ethics. Life is short, why in the worl would you not want to make something of yourself in the short time you have. Just an fyi that I started off homeless in my car at 18 and I'm now a corporate executive. Literally if I can make it everybody can make. Everything else is an excuse or bad behavior.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Jkust said:
Let's just say the pet peeve is welfare fraud and abuse. One of my first experiences with welfare was in Arizona last week. The family and I were on vacation and stocking up food for the hotel room at the grocery store. There were 5 well dressed black people in front of us with the mother-load of junkfood, soda, sugary drinks and every kind of candy you could fit. The bill was huge and a lady whipped out here EBT card to pay for it all. Literally not a single piece of fruit or otherwise anything you would consider healthy. I didn't see any handicaps or wheelchairs or seemingly anything keeping these ablebodied people away from working.
What bothers me is that people actually believe they are entitled to something that someone else earned. That to me is the worst kind of person, the kind without morals or ethics. Life is short, why in the worl would you not want to make something of yourself in the short time you have. Just an fyi that I started off homeless in my car at 18 and I'm now a corporate executive. Literally if I can make it everybody can make. Everything else is an excuse or bad behavior.

Well said, and I totally agree!! I have a college degree 2 actually :smile: I just decided that I should stay home until all my children are in school full time. I have a huge fear of someone abusing my child, after all we see nanny's do it all the time, so I couldn't imagine paying $400.00 a month for 6 children just to worry myself to death about their safety and well-being. Plus the monthly bill for daycare would be outrageous! I don't live near any family here, all my siblings are in different states, and my father is in Michigan, i'm stuck here in corn country lol so no help from family either. BUT we manage to make it every month, providing everything for all 6 children, being able to take them places like the movies, paint ball stuff, car shows etc.. and we work damn hard to do it too. I get child support which the state has to force and threaten my ex to pay, and he has nothing to do with his children, has not seen them in years! I am always embarrassed to say that lol

But anyways, before I get all mushy and girly and telling my life story, I will agree that welfare abuse is sick and down right awful!

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
When the drive thru gets my order wrong and I don't find out until I get home!
:banghead:
Its a burger and fries! There's a big screen telling you what to put in the bag, maybe even a printed piece of paper, get that stuff together, put it in the bag and hand it out the window! Its not rocket science.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Voymom said:
Well said, and I totally agree!! I have a college degree 2 actually :smile: I just decided that I should stay home until all my children are in school full time. I have a huge fear of someone abusing my child, after all we see nanny's do it all the time,

We have a similar situation, my wife worked for a short time for Target corporate out of college and shortly after our first son was born, it didn't make sense that somebody else was with him all day and she could only be with him for a couple hours after work after picking him up from day care. Life is too short to not be with your kids. She put her notice in at Target and started a consulting company in her 20's way back when so to never miss a day with our boy or our future kids. Understand she walked away from a well paying job as she was being thrust up the corporate ladder to make it out on her own. Had zero dollars and a telephone and now some years she makes more money than we know what to do with excluding my earnings. Again, she was brought up in a worse situation than me. The word welfare or taking something that someone else earned never was even thought. The mere fact that these lazy sob's for even one single second expect someone else to give them anything they haven't worked for is disgusting. I hate anybody that steals from their neighbors and moreso if they do it in the name of fairness. Life isn't fair and it's not supposed to be.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Chickenhawk said:
I sometimes stand directly beside people with automatic weapons, firing REAL bullets. I teach people how to shoot shotguns really really fast in high stress situations. I rarely wear my body armour because it is bright red; might only make me a better target when it attracts the eye, and I don't think the instructor wearing thicker body armour than anyone else really inspires confidence on the part of students anyway. (I never said I was all that bright.)

All that being said, do you know how I will die? Someone will run over me while I am walking down my own street half a block from my home.

I walk a lot, and it gives one an entirely new perspective on bad driving. I nearly get hit by vehicles every single time I am out walking. The WORST bad habits of drivers - and it is not just the stupid ones or the distracted ones; it is EVERYONE - is NOT stopping before they come to the sidewalk when leaving a back lane, not stopping BEFORE the stop sign when approaching an intersection, and not looking to their left for possible pedestrians crossing the side street before turning left at an intersection.

When I say this happens to me every single time I am walking down the street, I am not exaggerating. The amount of times drivers don't see me until the last second and then have to slam on their brakes and skid to a stop to avoid hitting me is scary.

One of these days, one of them will accidentally hit the gas instead of the brake and I am dead.

I wish every forum member in here would do two simple things. One, teach their driving age kids to always stop BEFORE they get to where pedestrians may be and THEN creep toward the intersection, and to always look to their left before turning to check for pedestrians, and two; check their own habits to see if they lead by example. Every time I see a car drive down a back lane and only stop just before they come to the road, I think to myself "What if there was a kid about ten feet in front of me and that car just slid over top of them?"

Take a walk around your own neighborhood and see if I am right.

I was told by the driving instructor to never, ever stop before the stop sign. Maybe it is different there than here, but here if you stop before the stop sign you run a high risk of getting rear-ended. Even the painted lines across the road are after the stop sign. Of course everyone stops past the line :rolleyes: When around town I check the corners for pedestrians when coming to an intersection.

Just a question though - do you stop at the crosswalks to check traffic or do you just walk out? I always stop at the edge and look before walking - Yes I may technically have the right-of-way HOWEVER I'm not going to argue the point with a car. I walk defensively and just assume the cars have the right of way, not me. I've never come close to getting hit that way. Please don't be like the lady recently that walked right out into traffic "because she has the right of way and traffic must stop for her" and nearly got herself creamed by the truck coming down the road the other way. I barely had enough room to stop in time because she just marched right out onto the road instead of waiting a couple seconds at the corner.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I hate clueless, oblivious drivers. This one's from the evening commute. This lady drove 2 miles in front of me in the left lane, with her turn signal on, and even in stopped traffic where the reflection was showing clearly on the tailgate of the pickup in front of her, she still didn't see it! :hopeless:

Attachments

• Clueless.jpg
    Clueless.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 10

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
haha I guess that click click click click does not seem to bother them...orrrr they thought to themselfs like wtf is that noise..maybe I should go get my car checked :rotfl::bonk:

snowbear

Dec 5, 2011
Driving - most have already been mentioned:
Waiting until the last second to get in the correct lane to turn.
Passing-cutting off-exiting, when there are five car lengths behind you.
Pulling out in front of you at a light, then creep - you don't have to do 90, but at leas do the speed limit.
Don't use turn signals.
Weaving back and forth because they are either on the phone or trying to smack the kids in the back seat.
Don't pull over for emergency vehicles.

Non-driving:
Using the wrong word (to/too/two, whether/weather, duel/dual, etc.) or use the apostrophe for pluralization. Yeah, I'm a bit of a grammar freak.
Using "cute" photography techniques (Dutch tilt, HDR, selective color, "out of box") on every photo they take.

OK, so I'm anal.

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
geoturtle said:
Using the wrong word (to/too/two, whether/weather, duel/dual, etc.) or use the apostrophe for pluralization. Yeah, I'm a bit of a grammar freak.

:iagree: I had an awesome signature on the OS that emphasized the point.

Chickenhawk

Dec 6, 2011
Sparky said:
I was told by the driving instructor to never, ever stop before the stop sign. Maybe it is different there than here, but here if you stop before the stop sign you run a high risk of getting rear-ended. Even the painted lines across the road are after the stop sign.
Glad I don't drive in your area if you are in such risk of getting rear-ended at stop signs that driving instructors advise you to break the law!!

The world is full of places that don't have stop signs or lines painted on the road. Just because there is no white line or stop sign does not mean a driver should breeze right out of a backlane and only come to a stop at the edge of the street.

The solution is actually rather simple: stop before where the pedestrians might be crossing.

This applies to intersections, parking lots, back lanes, stop signs and pretty much everywhere. This is also the basic principle that experienced traffic officers would use to give someone a ticket for unsafe operation. (Mind you, a ticket is WAY better than slamming in to a kid!)

Sparky said:
Just a question though - do you stop at the crosswalks to check traffic or do you just walk out? I always stop at the edge and look before walking - Yes I may technically have the right-of-way HOWEVER I'm not going to argue the point with a car.
LOL! Yup, very good point! I have generally found that folks who teach people how to shoot weapons tend to be fairly intelligent, very careful and pretty aware of what is going on around them at all times. (My wife may differ on this opinion ... especially the first part of it.)

I don't argue with 125 grains of copper and lead moving at 1300 feet per second, nor would I argue with 5000 pounds of steel moving at ANY speed. (That's 35 MILLION grains, by the way.)

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Chickenhawk said:
Glad I don't drive in your area if you are in such risk of getting rear-ended at stop signs that driving instructors advise you to break the law!!

I don't think it is breaking the law, not here anyway. Things may be a little different in Canada.

I don't stop right on the edge of the intersecting road, just usually with my nose just past the sign, enough where I can see around the sign.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Pet Peeves:

People bitching about the current President/Mayor/Govenor/ETC, and when you ask them who they voted for, they reply that they didnt vote..

People bitching about how useless their party is (Demo or Repub) but refuse to think outside the box because its not their party. This is more than just a 2 party system.

People driving exactly the speed limit in the left lane. hey, if you are getting passed on the right side, theres a good chance YOUR IN THE WRONG LANE!!

As a manager, employees bitching about how little money they are making, but offering them more work/over time, and they turn it down. Its not free you know!

People (like my wife) who tell me about a dash light being on in the car, 4 weeks after the light came on (really bad when its a oil light).

Older cars (especially MOPAR and Older GM's) with 22" rims, a lift kit, and hacked interior metal work, to make space for their speakers/headunits.

The words "happens to be". Like, My freind happens to be black. Really? Did you just figure this out?

Going thru a checkout, seeing the lady in front of my paying for ALL of her food with a food stamp card, with T-bones, Salmon, Lamb, etc. Then to get out to the parking lot and watch as they load their haul into a Brand NEW Cadillac Escalade with 26" rims.

Reverse Discrimination:

Just because I celebrate Thanksgiving, and you dont, doesnt mean I dont like black eyed peas.

Just because I do a better job than you, doesnt mean you get to use your race to get me fired.

And my biggest Pet Peeve.. Unions.. All of them. I dont want to be part of one, I never would want to be part of one, quit trying!

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
YOUNG said:
one of my pet peeves is waiting on paint to dry.
cold weather.
WHEN NETFLIX DOESN'T PUT UP ANY NEW MOVIES. :hissyfit:

netlfix sucks lol I had it for a month and got rid of it!! Nothing was good on there and all movies are in DVD's at least all the good ones or what I wanna watch lol and there tv shows...ehhh not the best or do not have it! Yeah not for me :no:

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
YOUNG said:
WHEN NETFLIX DOESN'T PUT UP ANY NEW MOVIES. :hissyfit:

Blame the content owners on that one.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
netlfix sucks lol I had it for a month and got rid of it!! Nothing was good on there and all movies are in DVD's at least all the good ones or what I wanna watch lol and there tv shows...ehhh not the best or do not have it! Yeah not for me :no:

Love my netflix. Between dvds and streaming there is more content than cable.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online