PCMofNC

paul2005tb

Nov 26, 2014
Massachusetts
I am doing a PCMofNC tune for my 2005 TB. I was planning on deletes of the SAIS, and the low temp sensor (P0128) , by the way I can understand throwing a code for being off by 30deg F but it seems like a mere 10deg F is just too small a difference.

What other deletes should be considered ?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Fan clutch code, if you ever plan to change to the thermal version of the later models, or decide to try e-fans.

tsmith1156

Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
Received loaner, installed it and it fired up rightaway... no Sec relearn required... took it for a spin, woah... My PCM is 3 updates out... 1-2 shift nudge is gone...accelerates better... Can't wait for my tuned PCM....
Sounds like I need to get mine done sooner!

Reactions: Redbeard

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You shouldn't delete the low temp code because you should get that fixed so to not kill your cat. Or your sensor is defective.

More suggestions:
- Firm up shifts. Level 2 is good. Level 3 is firmest.
- Kill PWM torque converter clutch engagement (goes to 100% instead of slow engagement)
- remove torque management (really wakes up the engine)
- remove speed limit (but that's a personal choice)
- remove rev limiter (if you're into that)

Have you looked at http://www.lime-swap.com/ ? He's a member here (@limequat ) and charges only $99, shipping back included. Same thing as PCMofNC. Also has a loaner service.

paul2005tb

Nov 26, 2014
Massachusetts
Many thanks for the information. I will make my list and add these changes. The way I drive, (like an old farmer) Im going to leave the RPM limiter. I am installing a new thermostat soon but I just dont want to throw a code if Im off by 8 degrees. The temperature dial on the cluster is great, I can see my temperature. If it were 160 degrees Id worry, but I seem to be throwing the code at 190.

I went with the good guys at PCMofNC because they pick up the phone and will talk to you, I liked that.

Reactions: Redbeard

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just be aware that the dash gauge is a guesstimate by the PCM. It's not that accurate. What you think is showing 190 may be 160-170, which will kill your cat.

Just sayin'

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online