SUPPORT Paypal billing name for membership dues

Wishbone

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
What is the Paypal account name that shows up when you pay annual membership dues? I got a transaction today for 423network LLC, is that the billing name for GMTNation?

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Yes, that is correct.

GMTNation.com and eLightbars.org fall under that LLC umbrella. I should add that to the footer of both sites for clarification. Sorry for the confusion and thank you for your support!

Upvote 0

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Last year ...after much difficulty ....I finally managed to pay off and successfully and permanently close my PayPal Account and since it is time for me to re-up my Gold Supporter Status with a $50.00 Donation... is there a specific link that will allow me to do this transaction? The regular PayPal Screen displays a Credit Card entry button... but when selected... it just spins endlessly in the background. Thanks for the assistance on this as I like staying current with supporting GMTN.

Upvote 0

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just noticed that this was not answered. The "Donations" and Tip Jar" are not currently working. However if you go into your account profile in the top right corner, there is the link to account upgrades. Here's a copy of the link from my profile, which I think should work:
https://gmtnation.com/forums/account/upgrades

I just tried and it takes me to the PayPal login page. I don't know if this will work if you don't have an active PayPal account though.

Upvote 0

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Thanks for looking into this for me @Mooseman ... I definitely solved this problem just now in a simple way that will encourage other members who have either canceled their PayPal Accounts just as I did or do not want one... but still want to continue making monetary contributions without any entanglements from PayPal. Here is what to do:

(1) Follow the link provided by @Mooseman to the PayPal Screen.
(2) Clear the First Field that WILL contain your Old PayPal Email Address... even if the Old Account with them is no longer active.
(3) Proceed to the "or Pay With Credit Card" selection as a "PayPal Guest".
(4) Enter the data on yourself and your credit card of choice.
(5) When the Transaction for your Silver, Gold or Platinum Donation completes... the original PayPal Screen will reappear with your Old Account Email.
(6) To avoid having to re-join PayPal and thereby authorizing them to establish a Brand New Account that you may NOT want to create... just select the "Not Now" option and then the entire thing will be DONE!

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online