Parking Brake Equalizer

yar02169

Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
Getting ready to do a rotor/pad replacement all around on my Bravada. I do know that the plate below the handbrake has poped free of both e-brake cables. I'm thinking of getting a new equalizer (the plate pivots and allows equal pressure to the shoes). The thing is, I can't seem to locate the part anywhere, unless it's a dealer only item. Any ideas?
Thanks!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I don't think that type of part has been used for many years by GM if you mean the one where the one cable coming from the lever splits to two cables.

Edit: Looking at the schematics more closely, there are two cables, one to each wheel, from the lever. Yeah, I also think that particular part comes with the lever. Maybe go to your local pick a part yard and get a whole assembly.

yar02169

Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
Thanks for the replies. I was afraid it was going to be an assembly replace item. When the cable sprung free a couple years ago, I recall one side of the equalizer being bent from the cable, hence the failure. I'm thinking if I bend it back, it will only be a matter of time before it repeats itself. I guess if I reconnect it and don't use it, it will pass inspection, maybe....

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chriswilson5585

Members Online