P2135 - DIC display= Reduced Power/Stabilitrack warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
If you get this code you should know this:

I had all the bings and dash lights flash this weekend coming home from the lake house. Got the reduced power scenario 50 km/hr - 30 mph in a blizzard on a highway in the middle of nowhere 150 miles from home. Stabilitrack warning and everything else warning on the DIC.

I plugged in my bluetooth module into the OBD port and started my "Torque" app on my Android phone. I found the code, logged the data, cleared the code and started off again. It came back 10 minutes later so gave the wife the phone and showed her what to do to clear the code. She must have reset the code 15 times on the way home.

Needless to say this little $20 module and $5 app saved our butts. I have CAA however the wait times were crazy due to the snow and our location. The code pretty much ceased as soon as we hit the dryer warmer weather closer to the coast.

Called and got into the dealership the next day to find that there is a Special Policy #11273 in place to cover this exact thing. I was at 116k km - 16k km out of regular warranty. They also re-flashed the ECM with latest cals - 1155A and replaced the TPS and cover kit.

Hope this may help somebody else that has this happen in adverse weather conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online