p0440 code..

LordBear

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
ok.. so went to town today and just as i was about to park. the ses comes on with the p0440 code. so i broke out my scanner and says something is up with the evap and emissions. so when i go home started making use of the search button and found a few things. but its a big mess and having trouble getting all the points.. and really cldnt find any how tos or pics on the subject. i probably missed alot.. any help would be appreciated..

went out and made sure the gas cap was on correct and then cleared the code. but idled rough after words. will go out and see if it runs any better tomarow ?..

<<<on a side note..may have something to do with it or not.. since i have gotten my tb a couple months ago it has had a slight miss at idle and if u gave it some throttle while at idle or in park ..it would kinda hesitate and act like it wasnt getting any fuel or air or something and would either finally kicken in and studder back to normal or die.. air filter, plugs changed back to delcos, tb cleaning has been done. and i was about to do a fuel filter and that cpas replacement.....dont know if these problems have anything to do with the p0440 or not.>>>

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
The P0440 Evap and emissions is normally something to do with the pressure of the fuel system. Did you happen to have gotten fuel before it happened? After you tightened the cap did you clear the code or let it be?

LordBear

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
did the day before then put a hundred miles on the tank... checked the fuel cap and reclosed it..then light was still on..but didnt drive it yet... so i reset the ses with my scanner will be going down town later and see what happens..bout to go outside and check fluids and stuff... also

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
LordBear said:
did the day before then put a hundred miles on the tank... checked the fuel cap and reclosed it..then light was still on..but didnt drive it yet... so i reset the ses with my scanner will be going down town later and see what happens..bout to go outside and check fluids and stuff... also

I would wait to see what the cap brings. If it does it again check the seal to see if it is real dry.

LordBear

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
was low on oil..so topped that off.. but did notice a vibration every few cycle while idle at a light

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online