P0340 and P0335

Mott

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
Kokomo, IN
I was driving home from work a few days ago my trailblazer stalled at a stoplight. It restarted right away and I drove home. Just as I was about to pull into the driveway the TB hesitated and was down on power. Today I looked for codes and I found P0340(camshaft position circuit) and P335(crankshaft position circuit). The engine was running smooth(there was no bad mechanical noises). I am assuming it is electrical. I do not have any access to electrical schematics. Do these circuits share grounds or is there something else I should look for? I have not tried to start the TB until I get a little guidance. (02 trailblazer LTZ).

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Possible if they use a common circuit like the 5V reference or ground. Download the manuals and check the schematics for common circuits. Link is in my sig.

Mott

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
Kokomo, IN
Well, It's running again. The sensors are not connected electrically. I used some deductive reasoning to figure out that it was the camshaft sensor. The tachometer was working so the crankshaft position sensor was working. All of the wires checked out. The only thing left was the sensor. So far, no check engine light.

jsheahawk

Jan 16, 2013
Kansas City
Well, It's running again. The sensors are not connected electrically. I used some deductive reasoning to figure out that it was the camshaft sensor. The tachometer was working so the crankshaft position sensor was working. All of the wires checked out. The only thing left was the sensor. So far, no check engine light.
Well done.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online