24v 4.2

Original poster
Jan 16, 2013
Anyone interested in a meet in Orlando?

Reactions: Blckshdw

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
That's about an hour and a half drive. I'm down for a meet, if you can get something planned. Usually as long as there's enough of a heads up, JimmyJam's GF lets him come to meets and stuff, or sometimes she even tags along (she's cool like that) Triz is sometimes over in Orlando on weekends for work stuff, so if he's free I think he'd be down. The REAL trick, is getting the members who already live over there to come. :deal:

Might send a PM to Fen65 and eutechnyx, they aren't very active on the site, but they are down for car shows and meets. I know we've got some guys up in Jacksonville, would be easier for them to come to an Orlando meet than the ones way over here. :undecided:

Reactions: Mounce

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
If you do it in February 14 or 15 I MIGHT be able to stop by very very briefly. Will be in the area for the ham radio gathering.

hrddrv

Dec 4, 2011
I might can come. All depends on if we have closed on the house or not and what is going on. Not that my TB is anything to show. It has more scratches and needs to be washed like crazy.

Reactions: triz

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Having mods isn't that big of a deal. Most of the non SS guys on our end of I-4 don't have any major mods to show either. It's more about hanging out, putting faces to screen names, getting to know each other and making new friends. Most of the time when we have mini meets over here that don't make it in my thread, we don't even park together :crazy:

triz

Apr 22, 2013
Yeah I would be down. There are some cool things to do near old town and a cheap hotel for those who don't want to drive back the same day. There are some high speed carts not too far away which can be fun.

Fen65

Apr 2, 2014
I'd be up for a meet! Sorry it's taken me forever to get to this thread.

Reactions: 24v 4.2

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Gonna leave this to you local guys to pick the day, time and place. :deal:

24v 4.2

Original poster
Jan 16, 2013
February 21st? Not sure what time the meets usually start?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
No usual set time, it depends on what we are gonna do and who's available or has obligations they have scheduled like work for the few unlucky ones that have to work weekends. Lunch, dinner, work on the trucks, watch a game, attend a car show, go to the beach... It's all random really.

So we've got a date on the table, if no one has any problems with that, next is to pick a place. :yes:

24v 4.2

Original poster
Jan 16, 2013
Any ideas on a meet spot? We have tons of attractions and city parks. Whats a good place to start? There is a European car show in town that weekend :biggrin:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
A place with good food and enough parking for those of us who wanna attend, that's the bare minimum. Everything else is icing on the cake. And maybe ice cream too... Where is the place where that show is gonna be?

24v 4.2

Original poster
Jan 16, 2013
Here is a description:

Held at Festival Park, 2911 East Robinson Street, the show is open to all European-made vehicles, and there's 24 judging classes, food trucks, vendors, raffles, and a DJ

9am to 3pm

I was looking at a car show list and we have another option :smile:

CLASSIC CAR AND CORVETTE SHOW
11:00 AM - 2:00 PM

Hosted by Cecil Clark Chevrolet and the Marion County Corvette Club, and held at 8843 US Hwy 441, the show is FREE, open to all makes and models, and includes prizes, food trucks, and more. For more info, call Jennifer at (352) 787-6888.

eutechnyx

Mar 31, 2012
Also my car/truck club has meets every 2nd and 4th saturday of each month. Our meet will be Feb 21st, you guys are more than welcome to use our parking lot for the meet. its off 436 and 1792 in maitland.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Now that we've got some local eyes on this thread, you guys can work out the details. Once those are ironed out, I'll try to round up the guys over here, and setup a caravan or something.

24v 4.2

Original poster
Jan 16, 2013
eutechnyx said:
Also my car/truck club has meets every 2nd and 4th saturday of each month. Our meet will be Feb 21st, you guys are more than welcome to use our parking lot for the meet. its off 436 and 1792 in maitland.

That sounds good. What time do you usually meet?

Blckshdw said:
Now that we've got some local eyes on this thread, you guys can work out the details. Once those are ironed out, I'll try to round up the guys over here, and setup a caravan or something.
Sounds like a plan.

hrddrv

Dec 4, 2011
If it is the 21st I will not be making the trip. I am planning on moving into my house that day.

24v 4.2

Original poster
Jan 16, 2013
Bump.

What's a good date for everybody?

Let's make this happen!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Folks on this end of I-4 are flexible. It's gonna be up to you guys to set the date.

24v 4.2

Original poster
Jan 16, 2013
Ok. I think we should continue with the 21st, and then have another meet in a month or two if everyone is down.

I'm in to have a meet every other month or so. We can alternate between Orlando and Tampa.

Decembersend

Dec 3, 2011
Just saw this thread. I wish my truck wasn't down and the fact I have an appointment for my dog to see the vet on that day otherwise I'd be there.

sunliner

Mar 25, 2012
I won't be able to get down that way for a while; but I would be interested. Maybe things will calm down for us this summer. I'll keep watching this thread. Thanks for including me!
-Mike

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Confirmed so far, just waiting on a time and place to show up, and our caravan will be there.

1) Blckshdw (Carlton)
2) Kurupt (Carlos)
3) JimmyJam (Jimmy)
4) Triz (Angel)

24v 4.2

Original poster
Jan 16, 2013
1) Blckshdw (Carlton)
2) Kurupt (Carlos)
3) JimmyJam (Jimmy)
4) Triz (Angel)
5) 24v 4.2 (Mike)

Maybe start with the 11am Corvette show? Depends on how early you guys want to start.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
So I'm finally looking at the locations... The Corvette show is in Leesburg? Location and time window-wise , I'd prefer the first car show, but it looks like a grass/dirt lot, is that only for show car parking, or do guests park there too?

24v 4.2

Original poster
Jan 16, 2013
Yeah. It is farther than I thought.

The other show is near downtown. I'll call them today about parking.

24v 4.2

Original poster
Jan 16, 2013
Bump. One week out.

Other possible activities (after car show):

Lots of attractions on I Drive, we could do go karts or something; also lots of good restaurants.

eutechnyx

Mar 31, 2012
The location that we will be having our car club meet at this weekend on the 21st (8:00PM) is

Bed Bath & Beyond

5803 South US Highway 17 92
Casselberry, FL 32707

We meet at the very back of the parking lot next to the 7-11. We usually meet there around 8PM, there will probably be 8-10 of us plus however many from here that will be there. We usually grab some food around 10PM at the Dennys right next to the meet spot.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Hey Mike, did you ever look into the parking situation? From looking at the event info online, it looks like $6 just to get in, and we probably have to find somewhere else to park?

Thinking Pizzeria Unos on I Drive for dinner, and then head up to Ken's meet afterwards. :yes:

Talked to Kevin tonight, he's out. :frown: We still need to settle on a meet up time.

24v 4.2

Original poster
Jan 16, 2013
I left a voicemail. Was gonna call this afternoon to follow up.

I'll get some parking details.

I'm down to meet up as early as you guys want to drive over. Is the drive about an hour and a half?

Uno's and then Ken's meet sounds good.

24v 4.2

Original poster
Jan 16, 2013
Parking is $5 in the grass in the park.

2 fields, one has the show and the other is for parking.

Food trucks confirmed.

Held at Festival Park, 2911 East Robinson Street, the show is open to all European-made vehicles, and there's 24 judging classes, food trucks, vendors, raffles, and a DJ

9am to 3pm

What time sounds good to you Tampa folks?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Looks like we're experiencing the typical pre-meet attrition. It will just be me and Carlos heading out there in the afternoon, Jimmy will be coming after sundown. I'm gonna get my truck washed first thing that morning, so figure we'll get on the road around 10 ish, and hit Orlando around 11:30.

Figure we can meet you somewhere on the way, if you want to pick a convenient spot near the highway, then caravan downtown. Should give us a good 3 hours, although I'm sure it won't take us that long to walk around the park a few times. Ken were you joining us for that too?

Reactions: 24v 4.2

triz

Apr 22, 2013
Had technical phone difficulties just got my phone back from Samsung Carlton.

I am having a bit of car trouble at the moment. Weird sound coming from underneath that I have not been able to pinpoint as of yet that has been getting louder and hard for me to diagnose on my own. Hope to try and figure it out tomorrow. Cant tell if it is related to my P0420 code since it seems to be coming from underneath or something more serious.

eutechnyx

Mar 31, 2012
I won't be making the show, our club is having a work on vehicles day at my place, I have another project to work on Saturday but I can't wait to see you guys Saturday night! I hope everyone has a safe trip and I apologize for the lack of response from me I work a lot lol

Fen65

Apr 2, 2014
Sorry I missed this guys, hope it went well.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Fen65 said:
Sorry I missed this guys, hope it went well.
We had a good time, weather was perfect for a car show. I posted a picture thread in this subforum, so you can check those out. Hopefully you can make the next one, and you won't be the only Envoy either "wink:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online