One brake light out

sunliner

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
My drivers side brake light does not work...the center and pass side work fine, and the normal running lights work (same bulb as the brake).
I replaced the bulb, didn't help, I replaced the 'board" that the lights sit in, didn't help. I checked the individual wire for the brake light and I'm getting 12v when the pedal is pushed, so I replaced the connector tonight. Still no brake light on that side. What am I missing?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Did you check ground at the plug?

Reactions: Redbeard

chatterx

Mar 13, 2014
I had a problem a few years ago where my turn signal wouldnt work correctly. Try checking the socket the bulb plugs in and the connections it makes to the board. That was my issue

sunliner

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
I re-did the splice on that one wire and everything now works. Either I didn't remove the bad section of wire originally, or I didn't make a good splice the first time (weird coincidence that it would be that one maybe). I think I'm going to find something to weatherstrip that gap between the tail light housing and the fuselage. Has to be letting in tons of water, and we're in the rainy season down here....thanks guys.

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online