older, 87 Suburban 3/4 tonA clean RWD body?

minisuv

Original poster
Apr 17, 2015
Just wondering as I have been setting the Voy up for winter my trusty rusty 87 Burban is getting ready for snow plowing and it is rotted but has 350, th400, 14 Bolt rear detroite locker, Dana 60 gov lock, frame tank and fuel lines in A1 condition, I got a 2WD burban from FL it was brought up here and the guy went and bought a NEW Silverado I got a rust free 3/4 89 SHOW ROOM condition burban used to pull a camper.Fully loaded 454 81k Which I want to add in place of the 350 used that p-150 scrape the frame spray it w p150 neutralizer then paint it black with some aqrylic for s little shine ans the 3 inch suspension lift is perfect geomotry for the 9ft uni-mount plow 25 years o;d looks new gets blasted and painted every 3 years. I want to order a 2 inch body lift to get all mounting bolts and bring it up a but it has new BF 33 A/T on camper special stock 10" wide wheels with deep dog dish hub cabs. is this too hard of a project? anyone ever do one? I have the shop for a month then our lake effect snow will start then I am out. I am thinking a week. Any ideas or do's n don'ts? ant input would be great The gut is my neighbor and asked 500 and his driveway to be plowed since nobody here has a 2wd they are useless unless a summer cruiser then the big boys come out or jeeps, subarus etc. I want to put LINE X under the clean truck here they use salt calceium chloride with a liquid so this stuff stays activated so if you wash your car you reactivate the chemical.I had to redo my envoy but came out clean n will lift it soon as I have a weekend but this is my project now AGAIN ANY AND I MEAN ANY INFO WILL HELP. THANKYOU FOR YOUR HELP.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
So you want to put the 2wd body on the 4x4?

I would swap the 4x4 pieces under the 2wd so you could leave the 454 in place if that is the one you want to plow.

minisuv

Original poster
Apr 17, 2015
you think that would be the way to go since I am putting a 2" body lift on it then move all the plow parts?. and the suspension lift is on 4x4 and the tranny n case are set with a 350 and 454 will go in next summer.? I figured the body swap would be easyer

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online