Old lurker, new poster with tccm question

jimbrown87

Original poster
Mar 2, 2014
Hey! I don't know if I'm in the right place but I'm wondering if there is an easy way to find an 03+ vehicles tccm part#? I have an 02 trailblazer LS with selectable 4wd and the famous/infamous G80 rear differential. I know the 2002 tccm is crap and known to malfunction. 4wd is only working sporadically, I just changed out the dash switch yesterday and the problem still persists. I also hear both motors run when I switch between 4wd, a4wd, etc...when the 4wd is working after pulling fuse #8. I am willing to blow the $50 give or take to try the tccm as a fix. But what part # tccm from 03+ will work in my 2002? Is this info already out here and I just can't find it? Heck, maybe one of you guys just know it off the top of your head haha! Any help is much appreciated, I've loved this car for many miles and plan to for quite a few more... on and off road preferably! I have a few things I'd like to add to the community as well, I've learned over the years...time willing haha! Thanks to you all for saving my TB and plenty of my money in the past as well lol!

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I have an 05 TCCM I can either look at the part number for you when I get home, or I could sell it to ya :tongue:

Reactions: jimbrown87

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
$50? If you have a pick-a-part, it would be cheaper and you can select the year of the truck it comes from.

jimbrown87

Original poster
Mar 2, 2014
No pick a parts near me sadly. I grew up wandering the junkyards of South Illinois, now it seems you have to "know somebody" to get in the lot, and sadly I don't know anybody lol. A part # would be a great start. I see them online for between $40-90 including shipping, I just don't know what part # is gonna work with my truck. Thanks for the replies!

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
OK part number is 12590220

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I found this thread that has the old part number:
4WD issues
The original "flaky" TCCM #12584313.

jimbrown87

Original poster
Mar 2, 2014
All the 12590220 tccm I see are about $90. Will I be good if I just avoid the "flaky" 125854313 tccm or will I just have to shop around? I had my eye on one from an 04 trailblazer, but luckily before I purchased, I saw the "flakey" part # and moved on. I appreciate that info greatly by the way. I see many part #'s listed for thetccm in the 02-09 vehicles...

How much do you want for yours Sparky lol! Seriously though, how much plus shipping to NC?

Last edited by a moderator:

jimbrown87

Original poster
Mar 2, 2014
Just an update, I've been away for a while, didn't reply to messages etc. I apologize, I was having a crisis and we'll leave it at that lol. I am back now with a report on the tccm. I purchased one used out of an 03 and guess what? It was the same part# as my 02 original, the "flaky " part #. Well out of curiosity, I swapped it in and all is well now. I have 4wd anytime I please! I got the part cheap, so I will see if this one flakes out on me too, maybe it isn't that particular part # after all? I will keep the post updated after more extensive testing. Now I have a new question regarding an intermittent p0014 code after my engine swap, check it out if interested! I appreciate all the replies and thank you guys again for creating this wealth of knowledge in one spot!

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timmerk

Members Online

No members online now.