NEED HELP Oil Pressure Switch Filter?

mpd13078

Original poster
Aug 1, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Does the 2002 Chevy Trailblazer LT 4WD 4.2L I-6 Engine have an OIL PRESSURE SWITCH FILTER located internally below the oil pressure sending unit? What are acceptable readings on an oil pressure test gauge for this engine? (screws into oil pressure sending unit port)
I want to test the oil pressure before replacing the sending unit.

Thanks,
Mike

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
No screen. That's only on the 5.3L V8 with DoD/AFM.

And the gauge on the 4.2L is FAKE. Readings are all fabricated by the PCM. So don't bother with any of its readings except if it says 0, which means you have no oil pressure along with a light a DIC warning. The sensor is basically just a switch, same as the idiot lights of old.

gmtofd

Dec 30, 2013
For checking the oil pressure with a real gauge, an adapter is needed to temporarily replace the existing pressure switch. ICT Billet LLC is gearing up to make the adapter adding it to their product line. If you contact them specify that the threads in the block are M16 2.0. They make a prototype adapter for me after complaining that the end that threaded into the block, had the wrong threads pitch. Checking op on my '04 with 182k miles showed 75# at cold start-up with the specified 5-30 wt oil and after warm-up 23#.

Reactions: Redbeard

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online