Official 2014 Chevy Silverado & GMC Sierra

Porkins

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
2014-silverado-ri_653.jpg

General Motors' most important vehicle, the Chevrolet Silverado, gains a new look inside and out and a trio of new, but familiar-sounding, engines for the 2013 model year in what looks to be a conservative yet highly functional redesign.

Instead of following rivals with flashy, high tech items like an eight-speed automatic ( Ram) and a twin-turbo V6 ( Ford), the 2013 Chevrolet Silverado is designed, Chevrolet says, to fulfill buyers' real-world needs.

Let's take a look at what's undoubtedly the most important new GM product this year.

New engine lineup... which looks a bit like before

To that end, the automaker unveiled a trio of engines it calls “all-new,” even though they are sized identically to their predecessors......Read More

GMC has taken the wraps off the next generation of its bread-and-butter model, the Sierra 1500 pickup. Like the similarly new (and mechanically identical) 2014 Chevrolet Silverado, the 2014 Sierra plays things safe with evolutionary styling changes, a more upscale cabin and three upgraded engines.

Looking to get a leg up on the competition in the cutthroat full-size pickup segment, GM engineers designed the Sierra with an emphasis on reducing component weight. High-strength steel is used extensively in the frame and cab structure, while the hood and certain elements of the suspension are constructed from aluminum. As a result, the new Sierra weights about the same as its predecessor despite carrying more equipment.

Potent pushrod powerplants

While it does without the downsized, turbocharged motors or eight-speed transmissions offered by certain rivals, the Sierra does benefit from a troika of EcoTec3-badged all-aluminum engine options.....Read More.

Like the GMC a little better then the Silverado.

Attachments

• 2014-gmc-sierra-ri_653.jpg
    2014-gmc-sierra-ri_653.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: stormsurge

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Porkins said:
Like the GMC a little better then the Silverado.

The LTZ looks pretty nice too. If the GMC has a Denali package with grille I would prefer the GMC. I can hardly wait to see the inside changes they talk about.

Reactions: Blackwater

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Wow I really like the Sierra but the Silvy looks kinda funny to me. Other than the front end of the Silvy I think gm did a good job in the design department but I wonder of the interior is much improved in looks and quality:undecided:

DevilishT2003

Nov 21, 2011
One of these will be my TB replacement for sure, just not sure which one. I've usually liked the Sierra better, but the new Silverado its a tough choice between the two. Still curious to power and MPG ratings.

Also want to see the new Canyon/Colorado and the HD series. Really hope the HD series look the the Sierra HD concept.

View attachment 25430

Attachments

• gmc-sierra-all-terrain-hd-concept-front-three-quarters-view.jpg
    gmc-sierra-all-terrain-hd-concept-front-three-quarters-view.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 41

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
DevilishT2003 said:
One of these will be my TB replacement for sure, just not sure which one. I've usually liked the Sierra better, but the new Silverado its a tough choice between the two. Still curious to power and MPG ratings.

Also want to see the new Canyon/Colorado and the HD series. Really hope the HD series look the the Sierra HD concept.

View attachment 11193

^^^ Whatever that truck is....it just got me a little HOT :redface: Those beefy tires...MMM.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
I want the silvy with the sierra rims

Techhead

Dec 12, 2012
The GMC looks good but too bad they are not bringing back the stepside.

DSC00744.jpg

Pittdawg

Dec 5, 2011
I like the look of the Sierra a lot better but I'm dissappointed in the engine choices. I don't understand why GM refuses to turbo or super charge...more power and better mileage. Could you imagine a turbocharged 4.3 liter v6 that gets 19/25 mpgs that would be great!

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Pittdawg said:
I like the look of the Sierra a lot better but I'm dissappointed in the engine choices. I don't understand why GM refuses to turbo or super charge...more power and better mileage. Could you imagine a turbocharged 4.3 liter v6 that gets 19/25 mpgs that would be great!

I'm thinking that the additional cost would take the life of the vehicle or longer to recover through gas savings.Since most people are most concerned about the bottom line when shopping,GM takes the "build it to a price" logic .GM does so many crazy(to us mere mortals) things it makes you wonder how they've stayed in business this long,although they almost didn't...Mike.

02Olds

Dec 29, 2012
northcreek said:
Yeah...Lake View(Hamburg):thumbsup:...Mike.

I'm Matt! Nice to "meet" you! I think I've seen that sweet Denali of yours cruising around Southwestern a few times! :biggrin:

06_GATOR_VOY

May 22, 2013
^^^^^

not a fan of that front end......

what i do like about the new 2014 silvy and seirra is that they did away with the "ext cab" .... they transformed them into a "crew" cab with the 2 half doors in the rear.... makes easy access of getting in and out of the rear portion.

these still are my favorite full size trucks followed by the tundra

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Yeah same here. I think the front end would look better if it was vertical rather than protruding outward. Gotta make room for all that power I guess.

Kelly@PCMofNC

Mar 16, 2013
That's neat, I love the blower, not too crazy about the front end but it is different! We have an upcoming 2014 project also that should turn out awesome, we're doing a TVS2300 on a 2014 Silverado that will be all lifted/pimped out with an awesome off-roading setup.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.