OEM style muffler recommendations please.

c good

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Hi All,
My tail pipe and resonator were damaged in a rear end collision. The other party is 100% at fault and will be covering all of the damage. While inspecting the resonator and tail pipe assembly, I noticed the muffler has some small corrosion and pin holes in it and will eventually need to be replaced.

I figure while I have a shop repairing the tailpipe/resonator, I might as well have them replace the muffler too (this would be outside of the insurance bid as the muffler is still fine and sustained no damage from the accident). I'm NOT trying to tack this on to the insurance claim.

Was just wondering if anyone has any recommendation for a factory style muffler that they have had good performance and life from.

I like the quiet, smooth style ride and sound of my Envoy and am keeping the resonator just for this reason. So a factory style muffler is what I'm looking for. Thanks for any input. c good

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
After I did a bunch of digging and some complaints about the aftermarket mufflers I stuck with an OEM one for mine. I poked around ebay and found a new, old stock muffler from a warehouse cleanout that I picked up relatively cheap (for a brand new OEM part anyway).

Reactions: Matt

c good

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Thanks for the input Sparky....I think I'll do the same. Going to get this project done right!

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Thanks for the input Sparky....I think I'll do the same. Going to get this project done right!
I'm running a Flowmaster 40 series muffler and a strght pipe off of that. It isn't that loud really. It gives it a distinct pitch to the exhaust but nothing terribly loud. My nosey neighbors have yet to complain about it and it's been in there a year. The 4.2 engines aren't loud at all imo.

But to each his own I'm a 20 year old kid so your opinion will vary.

Reactions: Matt

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86