1. We are working on the forum's attachment system. Attachments and avatars will be intermittently affected over the next 24 hours.
    Dismiss Notice

Nylon fuel line repair?

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by eightshot627, Aug 5, 2016.

1. eightshot627

eightshot627 Well-Known Member

I found a pin hole in the nylon fuel supply in that runs across the top of the fuel tank. It is in a straight section that a rock got wedged in an rubbed through.

Cut at the hole then use a barb to splice it back together?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
    Walt

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  2. Mounce

Mounce Silver Supporter

Probably could. Best possible scenario is replacing the whole section though of course

3. Mooseman

Mooseman Moderator

jsheahawk and Mounce like this.
  4. Mounce

Mounce Silver Supporter

Oh wow push in connectors? Those look like a dream lol. Mental note made for if I ever have an issue.

5. Mooseman

Mooseman Moderator

Yeah, Dorman are good for oddball repair stuff like this.

6. jsheahawk

jsheahawk Well-Known Member

7. eightshot627

eightshot627 Well-Known Member

Couldn't find any of the quick kind in stock but I did find the barbed splice. I drew a line with a silver sharpie and cut the section out. After watching a couple of you tube videos with hair dryers, heat guns and lighters I used the tube clamp from my tubing flare tube kit to hold the tube and spit on the slice and shoved it in with a nut driver. It went all the way to the collar. Then i used the tubing holder from my doulbe flare kit to hold the other end of the tube lining up the silver sharpie and shoved it on to the collar too. Also I hose clamped it for good measure. I presure tested it by hooking the lines up while the tank was still on the ground. No leaks. Back up and running.

Thanks for the replies!
    Walt