No LIKE links

mcsteven

Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
I noticed today that the LIKE links are missing. Guessing it's part of the maintenance prep.

EDIT: I did sign out and sign back in. Same issue.

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
You are correct. The Likes system that we used was part of a vBulletin 3rd party add-on. There is no way to carry over the likes unfortunately. We will implement a new "Like" or "Thanks" system, but we'll probably have to start over from scratch. We'll do what we can to minimize this impact, but many of the shortfalls associated with this upgrade are software limitations brought on by aging software.

Upvote 0

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
mcsteven said:
I noticed today that the LIKE links are missing. Guessing it's part of the maintenance prep.

EDIT: I did sign out and sign back in. Same issue.

I'd 'Like' your post, but I can't... :raspberry:

Reactions: ddgm
Upvote 0

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Jman423 said:
You are correct. The Likes system that we used was part of a vBulletin 3rd party add-on. There is no way to carry over the likes unfortunately. We will implement a new "Like" or "Thanks" system, but we'll probably have to start over from scratch. We'll do what we can to minimize this impact, but many of the shortfalls associated with this upgrade are software limitations brought on by aging software.

Better hope Dmanns67 is sitting down when he reads that, cuz he might :wowfaint:

:rotfl:

Reactions: blazinlow89
Upvote 0

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Jman423 said:
Post counts have to start from 0 too.... :ugh:

Challenge accepted :thumbsup:

Blckshdw said:
Oh boy, the post whores are gonna LOVE that! :hahano:

Haha you gotta start somewhere. If the post count and ability to"like" a post is all we lose during the transition, then I would consider that a win.

Upvote 0

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
The_Roadie said:
noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Bill, now you have a chance to catch Kyle before he gets too far ahead of you :poke:

Upvote 0

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
The site won't crash with the high volume of activity expected once counts hit zero will it?

Upvote 0

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Playsinsnow said:
The site won't crash with the high volume of activity expected once counts hit zero will it?
No, but it will crash at the high volume of BAN activity expected to descend upon the whore brigade if they try. :wink:

View attachment 34306

Attachments

• 48721549.jpg
    48721549.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 33
Upvote 0

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
I engaged in post whoring. Twice, to be exact. Felt good man.:cool:

Attachments

• posterunwhore.jpg
    posterunwhore.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
MAY03LT said:
I engaged in post whoring. Twice, to be exact. Felt good man.:cool:
I only go in there to spread FUD and poke the bears a bit. :raspberry:

jrSS said:
Say what! ? I worked hard trolling and answering questions I could. Damn
Sez Mr. #11 on the whore chart. :biggrin:

Upvote 0

mcsteven

Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
The_Roadie said:
No, but it will crash at the high volume of BAN activity expected to descend upon the whore brigade if they try. :wink:

View attachment 21976

DOOHH!! I was looking for the like button on this one! I can hear people asking why for the likes and post count, and I hear Bones McCoy responding, "Damnit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a miracle worker!"

Upvote 0

mcsteven

Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
jrSS said:
Say what! ? I worked hard trolling and answering questions I could. Damn

Hey - I'm # 176. But I've not done any real post whoring and I've only been a member for about... checking - Hey - today is my 2 year anniversary on this forum!

Upvote 0

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:confused: If we're taking all of our content with us to the new platform, it's gonna look weird with people having tons of posts, but no/low post count.... :coffee:

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
As you can see, the "Like" button is back.

Unfortunately, we start from scratch... but at least this time, they're integrated into the forum software instead of an unsupported 3rd party add-on. Start liking stuff again!

Upvote 0

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I'm digging the new layout. Will take a little while to get used to where all the pieces are located, but I like it.

Upvote 0

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Reply on the thread page! W00T! :thankyou: Saves a click to go back to the search page. Too bad for the loss of the likes since the manuals thread was one of those with the most but that's OK.

So far. looks really good. Two hooves up! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online