eBay Listing 'Nitrous Outlet' Trailblazer Coin Tray Switch Panel 4 Switches

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Don't think anyone on here will really need this at the moment, but I can't help but keep posting interesting/good finds from Ebay for you all.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191514619681?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Could always just put it in and fake it :biggrin:

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Was interested enough to follow the link - agreed about the 'cool' factor - but $70 ?

I wonder what it would cost to make, for those wanting this 'for show' - maybe $20? (and some skill fabricating the panel and wiring up the switches so that they'd 'light' up).

I should make one up for the 'Voy - the coin tray (or whatever it's called in the front of the floor console, instead of a much-needed cupholder) is damned near useless. But I've got enough to do elsewhere - my Rock Auto orders are in!

Actually, on second thought, that area would be a terrible place for a (functional) switch panel - hard to reach when 'needed'.

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Was interested enough to follow the link - agreed about the 'cool' factor - but $70 ?

I wonder what it would cost to make, for those wanting this 'for show' - maybe $20? (and some skill fabricating the panel and wiring up the switches so that they'd 'light' up).

I should make one up for the 'Voy - the coin tray (or whatever it's called in the front of the floor console, instead of a much-needed cupholder) is damned near useless. But I've got enough to do elsewhere - my Rock Auto orders are in!

Actually, on second thought, that area would be a terrible place for a (functional) switch panel - hard to reach when 'needed'.
It'd be neat if someone made a version that had only toggle type switches for auxiliary lighting. It is an odd area though for that purpose.

Reactions: SnowBlazer

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
A good area, IMHO, is just to the left of the shifter which would require some cutting.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Plot twist: wire the buttons in place of the steering wheel controls. Shock someone when they go to change dic mode...

Reactions: Tiggerr

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
Plot twist: wire the buttons in place of the steering wheel controls. Shock someone when they go to change dic mode...

Nah make it the volume up button and leave the sounds turned down... next time your wife drove it........yeehaa hell of a ride....just get it on video lmao!
Oh and keep that attorneys number handy...
:2thumbsup:

tsmith1156

Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
It'd be neat if someone made a version that had only toggle type switches for auxiliary lighting. It is an odd area though for that purpose.

That's what I thought the second I saw it, using it for some lighting

Debating on buying it for my lights. At 70 bucks I could make my own though.

Ya but 70 bucks saves you the time and effort, i would like to have something like this for when I get lights

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Ya but 70 bucks saves you the time and effort

Depends on the maturity level of your mod bug really. :undecided:

If it were me, I would buy a small sheet of ABS plastic for the face. If I wanted to be fancy, maybe a thicker piece of acrylic.

Use the rubber insert face down and trace the outline with a pencil. If you have a hot knife, that would probably be the quickest way to cut out the face. Or use a Dremel. Worst case, use a razor blade. I already have stepped drill bits to make holes for the switches, those are cheap enough at HF, or you could use a small hole saw.

That aluminum piece on the ebay model, is to lift the face up to allow space for the switches to clear the console. You could make something similar, with small wood dowels, or plastic ones, cut down to size and glued onto the face plate. Or drill matching holes in the console's coin tray so it sits down flush.

I could probably get that done in an hour... And everyone knows how I like to take my time doing mods :rolleyes: :Banghead: I agree with @Reprise and @Capote not an ideal location. I'd rather put them in the overhead console, or in the headlight switch (which I did, but nothing's hooked up to it)

Reactions: tsmith1156

tsmith1156

Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
True, someone on offroadtb put their switches for lights there but it was angled not laying down, may not be too hard to do
Depends on the maturity level of your mod bug really. :undecided:

If it were me, I would buy a small sheet of ABS plastic for the face. If I wanted to be fancy, maybe a thicker piece of acrylic.

Use the rubber insert face down and trace the outline with a pencil. If you have a hot knife, that would probably be the quickest way to cut out the face. Or use a Dremel. Worst case, use a razor blade. I already have stepped drill bits to make holes for the switches, those are cheap enough at HF, or you could use a small hole saw.

That aluminum piece on the ebay model, is to lift the face up to allow space for the switches to clear the console. You could make something similar, with small wood dowels, or plastic ones, cut down to size and glued onto the face plate. Or drill matching holes in the console's coin tray so it sits down flush.

I could probably get that done in an hour... And everyone knows how I like to take my time doing mods :rolleyes: :Banghead: I agree with @Reprise and @Capote not an ideal location. I'd rather put them in the overhead console, or in the headlight switch (which I did, but nothing's hooked up to it)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thom H S

Members Online