Niagara River Parkway run 2013

muddy tires

Dec 5, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
Ya I hear ya, that's whats stopping me from going south to the meets, the damn border crossing...I do believe I'll be getting a passport before December tho cuz I just found something else cheaper in the States, snowmobile full season trail pass our prices $260 Ontario and go figure Michigan is only $50.00. I hope to meet you at a meet sometime in the future...

Hey Northcreek, I believe your close to the border, come join us. I'm not sure who else is close enough but we'd love to have ya at the meet. I'd like to see bfrench's Niagara River Run become an Annual International Meet, and with a Sticky too :thumbsup:

:hijack:

Denali n DOO, let me know if you're planning a Michigan sled run. I've never run outside of Ontario but would be up for the adventure. We were considering Quebec this winter but you need to be 16 to drive and my 15 year old wasn't keen on riding on the back. My friend from New Liskeard sent me pictures of out cottage on Saturday. The dock is still buried with snow and they are still riding. I'm almost tempted to load the sled for a trip this weekend just to say that I've ridden in May in Ontario.

Back on topic. I won't attend the Niagara tour, even though it sounds fun.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
muddy tires said:
:hijack:

Denali n DOO, let me know if you're planning a Michigan sled run. I've never run outside of Ontario but would be up for the adventure. We were considering Quebec this winter but you need to be 16 to drive and my 15 year old wasn't keen on riding on the back. My friend from New Liskeard sent me pictures of out cottage on Saturday. The dock is still buried with snow and they are still riding. I'm almost tempted to load the sled for a trip this weekend just to say that I've ridden in May in Ontario.

Back on topic. I won't attend the Niagara tour, even though it sounds fun.

Too bad you can't do Niagara this year, that's alright there will be a next year too!

Michigan trail full season pass for $50.00 is definitely on my list this December! Quebec is ridiculous at $340.00 full season bit I hear It's good there. Michigan at $50 + beer, food, gas and accommodations are all cheaper. I can also get to Michigan quicker than to Liskeard, so it just kinda makes sense. Here's some pics from Liskeard on March 23rd this year, the latest I've ever sledded. http://gmtnation.com/f72/snowmobiling-northern-ontario-march-23rd-7010/, I'll definitely be doing Michigan so I'll keep ya posted :thumbsup:

bfrench

Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
Hi, Folks,

Here's our Niagara meeting place - suggest no later than 10:30 AM - that's morning time for you night owls :rotfl::raspberry:

Here's the crappy pic from the Google Earth screen capture - can't believe they haven't updated it yet.

North is at the top - so we'll meet in the southeast corner bordered by Montrose Rd and Canadian Drive

NiagaraSquare_zps8569814d.jpg

NiagaraParkwayTour1_zpsc3e65366.jpg

NiagaraParkwayTour2_zps11098577.jpg

NiagaraParkwayTour3_zpse86fecf4.jpg

NiagaraParkwayTour4_zps4b1a33b4.jpg

NiagaraParkwayTour5_zpsc5537f12.jpg

NiagaraParkwayTour6_zps680c9a7f.jpg

NiagaraParkwayTour7_zpsbef36bc1.jpg

NiagaraParkwayTour8_zps8affd03d.jpg

NiagaraParkwayTour9_zpsf89b66e9.jpg

These are approximate routes - if you wish you can go to Google Maps and do larger blow ups for yourself or enter the route in your gps.

Any questions- just holler

Cheers,
Bill French

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
harmless said:
I gots me a new camera setup, so Imma be taking LOTS of pics!!! :smile: :thumbsup:

Oh that's nice, a new camera? I hope you have a high speed shutter setting on it, maybe you can even get a shot or two of one of these in motion, if your quick enough....:biggrin:

Lol...

Attachments

• hyundai_100229264_l.jpg
    hyundai_100229264_l.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 9

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
Oh that's nice, a new camera? I hope you have a high speed shutter setting on it, maybe you can even get a shot or two of one of these in motion, if your quick enough....:biggrin:

Lol...

:jawdrop2: Oh no you didn't!!!!

:poke: :deadhorse: You guys are relentless!!! Geebus!!!

:squint::Boxin:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
CdnGMan said:
Suffice to say, I actually LOL'd at DnD's post... :rotfl:

I then proceeded to text Harmless and heckle him about it... :raspberry:
Apparently that text could cost me some sort of "electrical issue" during the run however... :eek:

Maybe Harmless likes Double Stuffed Oreos as well! Make him a Mega Double Stuffed like this one and I bet you have no electrical gremlins...

Attachments

• images (2).jpg
    images (2).jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 53

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
CdnGMan said:
Suffice to say, I actually LOL'd at DnD's post... :rotfl:

I then proceeded to text Harmless and heckle him about it... :raspberry:
Apparently that text could cost me some sort of "electrical issue" during the run however... :eek:

I'll bring my tow rope just in case. You know, just in case you've just pissed off your electrician. :raspberry:

Denali n DOO said:
Maybe Harmless likes Double Stuffed Oreos as well! Make him a Mega Double Stuffed like this one and I bet you have no electrical gremlins...

THAT is the biggest Oreo I've seen yet.

But I don't like Oreos.

Pirate Peanut Butter Cookies on the other hand.... Now we're talking! :thumbsup:

Or a loaded newfie (or poutine)... :wink:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
And now back to the list of who's coming.....who else is coming?

1. bfrench
2. GMan + 1
3. Denali n DOO
4. Ryder55555
5. Fire06
6. harmless
7. Spike

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Denali n DOO said:
And now back to the list of who's coming.....who else is coming?

1. bfrench
2. GMan + 1
3. Denali n DOO
4. Ryder55555
5. Fire06
6. harmless
7. Spike
8. Sidekick101 - The white Envoy from the Barrie meet last year - maybe :wootwoot:

Just added a "strong maybe"... :thumbsup:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
CdnGMan said:
Just added a "strong maybe"... :thumbsup:

Nice! Another Envoy in the group, and a lowered one too :thumbsup:, He lives much closer to this meet so I'm sure he'll be there...

Mrs Homer has an Envoy too and is kinda close, Harmless should send her an e mail and maybe Mrs n Mr Homer can come too. What about Mesoholics and Menthol can you guys come?

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
Nice! Another Envoy in the group, and a lowered one too :thumbsup:, He lives much closer to this meet so I'm sure he'll be there...

Mrs Homer has an Envoy too and is kinda close, Harmless should send her an e mail and maybe Mrs n Mr Homer can come too. What about Mesoholics and Menthol can you guys come?

I lost everyone's email addy's 4 crashes ago... :lipsrsealed: :crazy:

I can't even get in touch with ALekG and his beast!!! :hissyfit:

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Denali n DOO said:

I just dropped them a PM with the link to this thread... :thumbsup:

harmless said:
I lost everyone's email addy's 4 crashes ago... :lipsrsealed: :crazy:

I can't even get in touch with ALekG and his beast!!! :hissyfit:

Want me to post up on ORTB and see if we have any luck over there?? :undecided:

I've also posted on GMTruckClub.com too... :biggrin:

bfrench

Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
CdnGMan said:
I just dropped them a PM with the link to this thread... :thumbsup:

Want me to post up on ORTB and see if we have any luck over there?? :undecided:

I've also posted on GMTruckClub.com too... :biggrin:
Definite yes to the ORTB

Let's see if we missed anyone.

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
1. bfrench
2. GMan + 1
3. Denali n DOO
4. Ryda55555 (FIXED!)
5. Fire06
6. harmless
7. Spike
8. Sidekick101 - The white Envoy from the Barrie meet last year - STRONG maybe

Hahaha been bothering me but was too lazy to fix :biggrin:
(Ry) is half my first name (ryan), (Da) is half my last name (Dang)
5 was my lucky number in grade school, 5 5s is luckier than 1 i guess :raspberry:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Ryda55555 said:
1. bfrench
2. GMan + 1
3. Denali n DOO
4. Ryda55555 (FIXED!)
5. Fire06
6. harmless
7. Spike
8. Sidekick101 - The white Envoy from the Barrie meet last year - STRONG maybe

Hahaha been bothering me but was too lazy to fix :biggrin:
(Ry) is half my first name (ryan), (Da) is half my last name (Dang)
5 was my lucky number in grade school, 5 5s is luckier than 1 i guess :raspberry:

I was wondering about that. If I ever have a zip code I hope it's 55555, should be a good place to hang out, I bet GM parts are reasonable there....sleddin be good there too!

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Denali n DOO said:
I was wondering about that. If I ever have a zip code I hope it's 55555, should be a good place to hang out, I bet GM parts are reasonable there....sleddin be good there too!

Just searched it up and its in minnesota somewhere lol

Mesoholics

Apr 2, 2012
We will be returning from this years Storm Chasing trip on Victoria Day, if funds are still available and the truck is relatively in one piece I will try to make it up.

Denali n DOO said:
The Welland Canal is cool to see if there's any ships going through the locks. Depending on the date chosen vs other commitments I would like to attend. Who else wants to come for a cruise around the Falls?

+1 for the canal, I was a wheels man on a coastal freighter and seeing the canal is pretty impressive. Plus there are some nice looking vessels going through there if you are into that kind of thing. :smile:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
1. bfrench
2. GMan + 1
3. Denali n DOO
4. Ryda55555
5. Fire06
6. harmless (solo)
7. Spike
8. Sidekick101 - STRONG maybe

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
harmless said:
1. bfrench
2. GMan
3. Denali n DOO
4. Ryda55555
5. Fire06
6. harmless (solo)
7. Spike
8. Sidekick101 - STRONG maybe

Ok, it's been a while since there's been any action on this.... is everyone still a go regarding it???
Based on what the WeatherNetwork says, the weather should be pretty good on the Saturday.... let's hope it stays that way!

Have any of you managed to "persuade" any other GMT's to attend???

bfrench

Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
Mesoholics said:
We will be returning from this years Storm Chasing trip on Victoria Day, if funds are still available and the truck is relatively in one piece I will try to make it up.

+1 for the canal, I was a wheels man on a coastal freighter and seeing the canal is pretty impressive. Plus there are some nice looking vessels going through there if you are into that kind of thing. :smile:

We could add this to the end of the River Tour if we have enough time - would take approx another 30 minutes or so - then you're close to the QEW

NiagaraParkwayTour10_zps22598ab0.jpg

bfrench

Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
Well, it's certainly looking good for next Saturday - 16ºC with sun and cloud.

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Since we're set to meet up in Niagara between 10-10:30, is there anyone coming from Toronto who wants to meet up at Sherway Gardens in Etobicoke between 8-8:30am and then make our way down to Niagara to meet up with the rest of the folks??

I'm thinking of the north-east corner of the parking lot... at the intersection of The Queensway & Sherway Garnes Rd to be specific...

If you're interested, let me know any we'll firm up the plans...

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
CdnGMan said:
Since we're set to meet up in Niagara between 10-10:30, is there anyone coming from Toronto who wants to meet up at Sherway Gardens in Etobicoke between 8-8:30am and then make our way down to Niagara to meet up with the rest of the folks??

I'm thinking of the north-east corner of the parking lot... at the intersection of The Queensway & Sherway Garnes Rd to be specific...

If you're interested, let me know any we'll firm up the plans...

I'll hook up with you there Sir.

We should also setup cell phone numbers so we can keep in touch should issues arise. :undecided:

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
harmless said:
I'll hook up with you there Sir.

We should also setup cell phone numbers so we can keep in touch should issues arise. :undecided:

Big day is coming!!! I'll meet you guys there too

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Ok, we've got a couple days until the meet....

First things first: Is everyone still planning on showing up???
Aside from Ryda55555, Harmless & myself, is there anyone else planning on showing up at Sherway Gardens to meet up and then convoy in??

Note: Based on what Google says, it's gonna take little more than an hour to get to the meeting point (Niagara Square) from Sherway Gardens....

Something to keep in mind:
If you aren't going to make it on Saturday (for whatever reason), that's fine, but let us know in this thread so we're not all sitting around waiting for you!!! Please, please, PLEASE!! :thumbsup:

bfrench

Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
CdnGMan said:
Ok, we've got a couple days until the meet....

First things first: Is everyone still planning on showing up???
Aside from Ryda55555, Harmless & myself, is there anyone else planning on showing up at Sherway Gardens to meet up and then convoy in??

Note: Based on what Google says, it's gonna take little more than an hour to get to the meeting point (Niagara Square) from Sherway Gardens....

Something to keep in mind:
If you aren't going to make it on Saturday (for whatever reason), that's fine, but let us know in this thread so we're not all sitting around waiting for you!!! Please, please, PLEASE!! :thumbsup:

Hi, Guys,

It would be nice to see how many we plan on having so I can notify the restaurant for seating.

Thanks - n see ya' all Saturday

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
I'm coming too :thumbsup: I'm gonna freeze my ass off washing the truck today though. I saw snowflakes this morning....

Mesoholics

Apr 2, 2012
I am coming for sure, will hook up with the rest of you guys at Sherway Gardens at 8ish. I am about 75% sure my friend is coming with me but he can't make up his mind till the last minute for everything.. so yeah. :crazy:

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Denali n DOO said:
I'm coming too :thumbsup: I'm gonna freeze my ass off washing the truck today though. I saw snowflakes this morning....

That reminds me.... Todays gunna be a long day of waxing and washing lool

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online