New Wheels for the Envoy!

Shana7711

Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
hankook dynapros, on MB TKO rims :smile: So far they ride really nice, way better than what i had!

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Nice :thumbsup: now demolding will make it flow much better.

Shana7711

Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
Short Bus said:
Nice :thumbsup: now demolding will make it flow much better.

View attachment 24229
View attachment 24230
So this was my quick photoshop attempt to see what demolding would look like, i didnt do a great job but it definitely is good enough to get the idea :smile:
I am still debating, but right now i am leaning towards liking the demolded look better. My other problem tho is that im not sure i want to "deface" the care...not like it will really drop the value (will it?) and its not like its gunna be worth a whole lot when im finally ready to upgrade (2.5 more years of grad school).

Attachments

• photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 24
  • De-Molded.jpg
    De-Molded.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 129

Shana7711

Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
BTW, does anyone happen to know what my old wheels would be worth. not much tread left to speak of, maybe 6 months. Used GMC envoy 17' rims? 2004

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Shana7711 said:
BTW, does anyone happen to know what my old wheels would be worth. not much tread left to speak of, maybe 6 months. Used GMC envoy 17' rims? 2004

Can you post a pic of the stock rims you got? I'm needing to desperately get rid of the nasty ones I have on mine now.

Shana7711

Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
Voymom said:
Can you post a pic of the stock rims you got? I'm needing to desperately get rid of the nasty ones I have on mine now.

Do u want a close up, or just general idea? I have a pic of my envoy b4 new rims on my page. Otherwise I'll have to get you closer pics tmr :smile:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Shana7711 said:
Do u want a close up, or just general idea? I have a pic of my envoy b4 new rims on my page. Otherwise I'll have to get you closer pics tmr :smile:

I'd be interested but I'm not sure what a fair price would be for them. I'm not to overly concerned on condition as long as they aren't bent anywhere. I would be using them for a winter set more than likely. I wonder what the shipping would be on those bad boys? :undecided:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Shana7711 said:
View attachment 10952
View attachment 10953
So this was my quick photoshop attempt to see what demolding would look like, i didnt do a great job but it definitely is good enough to get the idea :smile:
I am still debating, but right now i am leaning towards liking the demolded look better. My other problem tho is that im not sure i want to "deface" the care...not like it will really drop the value (will it?) and its not like its gunna be worth a whole lot when im finally ready to upgrade (2.5 more years of grad school).

I don't think demolding would hurt resale at all, but try to use strategic parking to avoid door dings. I haven't had a problem with mine, but I park way out if I can.

BTW your 'stang is sweet!!!

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Short Bus said:
I don't think demolding would hurt resale at all, but try to use strategic parking to avoid door dings. I haven't had a problem with mine, but I park way out if I can.

BTW your 'stang is sweet!!!

I agree, looks better without the door moldings so I can't see it affecting resale because it's an improvment.

And yes that is one nice looking Mustang in the garage!!!:thumbsup:

Shana7711

Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
Thanks! I love that mustang! It has been in the family for a long time, when we move to MI from OK my mom drove us here in that lol, it was a family car :smile:. It will be mine when my parents pass, so I can wait! Lol. But it's fun to drive. The only other old car that I want is a corvette stingray.
Also, my brother brought up a good point about demolding, that the color under the moulding since my car is an 04 may b a different color :/

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Shana7711 said:
Also, my brother brought up a good point about demolding, that the color under the moulding since my car is an 04 may b a different color :/

It'll be fine, but be ready to buff off the built up crud that's around the molding. Polishing compound and a little elbow grease will take it off.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
On demoulding, walk around and count all the barely noticable marks on the moulding from each time some ahole swung his door into you then just imagine all those on your sheet metal. We've got a Rainier which is the moulding king and is my wife's and not a ding on the car but the moulding has done its job. We've also got a 9-7 which came with no moulding and I have never, ever parked next to another car except when you have no choice like the airport and the busy gym parking lot. Plus I have private/climate controlled parking at the office which helps. I've got maybe 5 dings that aren't terribly noticable and would be easy PDR's but I hate the fact there is no moulding on it. With moulding it takes a really unfortunate hit for it to not be effective but without moulding every single door swing from that ahole is guaranteed to at least mar your paint.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Jkust said:
On demoulding, walk around and count all the barely noticable marks on the moulding from each time some ahole swung his door into you then just imagine all those on your sheet metal. We've got a Rainier which is the moulding king and is my wife's and not a ding on the car but the moulding has done its job. We've also got a 9-7 which came with no moulding and I have never, ever parked next to another car except when you have no choice like the airport and the busy gym parking lot. Plus I have private/climate controlled parking at the office which helps. I've got maybe 5 dings that aren't terribly noticable and would be easy PDR's but I hate the fact there is no moulding on it. With moulding it takes a really unfortunate hit for it to not be effective but without moulding every single door swing from that ahole is guaranteed to at least mar your paint.

I haven't had that problem.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Short Bus said:
I haven't had that problem.

Count your luck stars. Just physics alone and the odds aren't in your favor. Funny thing is how many types of cars don't have moulding from the factory. Every day I walk past a pay parking lot right in front of the fronts of the cars where the same business people park and the moulding-less cars all have door dings on them. Many of them are high end luxury cars, and still door dings galore. I see some really expensive cars and shake my head at the door ding's on them. I'm not ruling out the kids at home in the garage causing some of them as it is constant struggle here at home for me.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Shana7711 said:
View attachment 10943

Love Em! I am gunna get a car wash tmr and take a better picture :smile:

I have looked at countless wheel designs with the possibility I would ever change mine out. Nothing really gave me any good vibes but those wheels look real nice.

Kinda rugged but at the same time bold and performance-looking. Didn't take 5 min of staring to decide whether I liked them or not....pretty much at first glance.

Very nice. :thumbsup:

Shana7711

Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
Voymom said:
These are the stock rims i took off, they are in good shape, not bent. could use a polish tho lol, which i plan on doing before putting em up. i have the covers and lugs that go with em too. Shipping to IA would be a ton i bet, and i have no way to go about that either :/

View attachment 24239

Attachments

• old rims.jpg
    old rims.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 6

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online