NEW/Used Headliner

Flyersguy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
A while back I attempted to redo my headliner. the glue didnt fully set up and its drooping pretty bad. Anybody know of a good site to order a new one at? also premolded carpet?

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
Concerning the headliner, you have three options. Find a scrap tb with a good one. Pay an upholstery shop to recover yours. Or recover it yourself. You just have to do it right. Pull the old material off first, be care ful not to take chunks out of the foam padding. If you have to, hit it with a little sanding to level it out. Use the expensive glue to apply the new material. Use plenty of glue and take your time. Just remember the 6 Ps. Proper planning prevents piss poor performance.

Flyersguy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Regulator said:
2002-2009 Chevy Trailblazer Carpet Kit Complete Kit (Will not fit EXT Model) | eBay

Here is an ebay link for the carpet. They will do it in many different colors, so don't be scared off because of the red carpet in the picture.
I was looking at that, dont really feel like spending the $$$ right now, was just seeing if anyone knew of a cheaper place.
smitty5150 said:
Concerning the headliner, you have three options. Find a scrap tb with a good one. Pay an upholstery shop to recover yours. Or recover it yourself. You just have to do it right. Pull the old material off first, be care ful not to take chunks out of the foam padding. If you have to, hit it with a little sanding to level it out. Use the expensive glue to apply the new material. Use plenty of glue and take your time. Just remember the 6 Ps. Proper planning prevents piss poor performance.

Im gonna try to find a scrapped one 1st. Then I'm going to goto a place to see how much they would charge to redo mine.

Thanks.

Anyone else feel free to chime in as well.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kraymates

Members Online