NEW Tire Shine!

jmonica

Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
Hamburg, NJ
Continuing my life long struggle to findi the perfect tire dressing, I will often fall for good packaging and clever marketing, only to always be disappointed. I've yet to find a great tire shine that lasts for more than a few days. And I have tried many. well my latest attempt came today when I purchased "Maguire's Hot Shine Relection Tire Shine". their claim as to what makes this product the best of the bunch is the fact that they infuse reflective material into the product which is supposed to make your tires shine and be more reflective. Hmm, haven't heard that one before, so not knowing what else to buy, I bit.

Finally i broke down and detailed my Envoy today. I went the whole nine yards, with washing, claybarring, cleaning, polishing and finally waxing and buffing it. I did all of the trim with some trim restorer, and i even waxed my windows. The final touch for me is always to shine the tires. so after all of my hard work and after applying two coats of the new tire shine, I ended up with a really clean, shiny 2006 Envoy with tires that look like the meth head up the street went wild on them with a bedazzler. When the sun hits the tires, they glitter like the XMAS ornament my 5 year old made for me at school. WTF? I mean it really looks ridiculous. it had set in for a while before I decided to try to remove it. And of course I finally found a tire dressing that didn't come off easily. I'm so excited to sit in commuter traffic tomorrow with my tires sparking like a disco ball.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
The longest lasting tire shine I've used so far is ArmorAll Outlast Tire Glaze. (No glitter. LOL) The can says it "SHINES FOR OVER 100 CAR WASHES". I don't know if that's true, but it does stay shiny longer than anything else I've ever used.

jmonica

Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
Hamburg, NJ
Hey Thanks. Ya know, I tried it. Perhaps I didn't use it correctly though. The first time I saw the ad for it was excited to try it, but it didn't live up to the 100 washes. I think I may need to try it again and really apply it correctly. Anythings got to be better than this glitter! I'll post my results if anyone cares. Thanks again!

sunliner

Mar 25, 2012
I've had pretty good luck with Mequires Endurance tire spray. Usually looks pretty good for at least 3-4 weeks. Tried other dressings by them that didn't hold up as long

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I've tried several brands, spray and gel form, nothing sticks or lasts longer than a month really. Some made the tires browning even worse actually after it went away.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online