New Tails

yodaddy4200

Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
Tails came in yesterday. Black alteeza, people say their outdated but i think they look sick and they achieve the "overall look" im shooting for (blacked out). View attachment 26496 I wanted "smoked" but i dont want to get hassled by the police!:raspberry: I like these alot.

Attachments

• Car 003.jpg
    Car 003.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Car 004.jpg
    Car 004.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 26

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
I got the Exact same tails, but the inside is chrome not black and not tinted as black. Looks Good!!

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Nice looking rig!

yodaddy4200

Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
Wow! Thanks for all the comments guys! Sh!t i wish my truck was half as cool as some of yours! no bs! :eek:

scorpio1

Dec 12, 2012
Not bad at all, I'm usually very against altezzas, because I hate the ones that fill every unused space with chrome or silver.

But these look great on your TB, much props!:yes:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I like 'em, but I might be a little biased

0730122033.jpg

BTW they are easy to wire for quad tails (you'll need 2 new sockets) and if you do a little more cutting and splicing with the trailer harness you can have quad tail/turn/brake lights (like me :raspberry:) Let me know if you want more info.

yodaddy4200

Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
:salivate:wow didnt know you could do that! last night i bought a 9 light int led kit $28 and i bought 2 led tail lights $10 a pair not the spider lights like you have! +2 resistors $9... im might just use the bulbs i got for reverse lights n pick up some of those Spider lights!!

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
yodaddy4200 said:
so if i wanna use led bulbs in my tails, i just have to add resistors right? or just for the turn signals? thanks for all the help!!
If your tails are like mine and don't use the OEM boards, LEDs should be plug and play. I forgot to say in the PM, but yes you'll be good to go with resistors for just your turn signals.

0710121550.jpg

For quad tails you'll need 3157 sockets

[EBAY]390550297679[/EBAY]

Just spice the turn wire and ground to the new harness and tap into the tail wire on the top socket and connect that to the other wire on the new socket. I don't remember which wire is bright and which is dim, but the black will be the ground. The other 2 you'll need to test.

To get the quad turns/brakes follow this thread, you don't need to make the harness, just cut and splice.

http://gmtnation.com/f33/trailblazer-throttle-body-quad-brakes-dual-turns-cheap-halogen-led-verified-3199/

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
So Leds are plug in and play for these Taillights?? I know on mine I don't have a board its like yours Short Bus. You never had to do anything about the hyperflash?

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Cable810 said:
So Leds are plug in and play for these Taillights?? I know on mine I don't have a board its like yours Short Bus. You never had to do anything about the hyperflash?

You need resistors for your turn signals to stop hyperflash, but you don't have to buy the SRCK bulbs.

yodaddy4200

Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
Just about got the rear done. Waiting on my last set of spider lights for my turns.

Reverse

View attachment 26681

Tails and licence plate

View attachment 26682

All i need now is for my switchbacks for the front and the 194 bulbs too

Attachments

• Car 001.jpg
    Car 001.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Car 002.jpg
    Car 002.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 12

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
yodaddy4200 said:
Tails and licence plate

View attachment 12761

All i need now is for my switchbacks for the front and the 194 bulbs too

:undecided: and maybe an Avalanche 3rd brake light to finish off the rear look :yes:

You gonna try to run 194 switchbacks up front with some clear corner lenses? AFAIK, there's only 2 of us doing that right now. :grouphug:

yodaddy4200

Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
Blckshdw said:
:undecided: and maybe an Avalanche 3rd brake light to finish off the rear look :yes:

You gonna try to run 194 switchbacks up front with some clear corner lenses? AFAIK, there's only 2 of us doing that right now. :grouphug:

I havent heard of the avalanche 3rd brake? Ill check it out after this post! I think i found an 18 smd bulb for the 3rd brake light but wasnt sure what to do yet.

I havent decided about switchback 194's because im not sure if i wanna open up my head lights. (their sealed right?) :confused:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
yodaddy4200 said:
I havent heard of the avalanche 3rd brake? Ill check it out after this post! I think i found an 18 smd bulb for the 3rd brake light but wasnt sure what to do yet.

You wouldn't be able to put a bulb up there, it's an entire assembly. So far, the Avalanche 3rd brake light is our only option, you just have to do a minor wiring connector modification, which is detailed in the article here.

yodaddy4200 said:
I havent decided about switchback 194's because im not sure if i wanna open up my head lights. (they're sealed right?) :confused:

Yes, the headlights are sealed. You could either cut them open like in the article (much faster), or put them in the oven and bake them to soften the adhesive so you could pull the front lens off (slower, but you get the factory look around the seams in the end).

groundshock said:
They'd look super pimp with a light tint.

:yes: :iagree:

yodaddy4200

Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
groundshock said:
They'd look super pimp with a light tint.

Yesterday i re-painted my grille. When i took the headlights out, i was looking at em and they look like they just come apart but i couldnt get them to budge. Ive been wanting to paint the inner housings on my headlights for awhile, but then i figured out they were "sealed up" so ive held off. I totally think clear markers tinted black would be dope! Or would i wanna use the amber one's?

I think im gonna look for a used pair of headlights from a local salvage yard to mess around with. Today im going to de-mold my doors im so sick of looking at that ugly gray stripe!

ill post pick of the grille, and the truck de-molded later today!! I probably wont get to it till at least 5-6 oclock tonight when my girl gets home from work.

Oh and yes now im probably going to be getting that avalanche 3rd brake light!! Time to find a deal on it!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhenninger

Members Online