New shocks and Struts 07 Envoy?

DIF

Original poster
Jan 1, 2013
Hi everyone, just bought a 07 Envoy SLT in Excellent condition with 51,000 miles.
Wouldn't say there's any real problem with the way it rides and handles but the RF strut shock is covered with oil and most likely leaking a little.
And basically, the overall ride seems to be leaning towards mushy and lacking just a bit from age.
I'm going to put on new rear shocks, front strut shocks and springs and looking for opinions and Reviews regarding which Brand and or type some of you have replaced yours with.
Right now I'm thinking KYB's and want something with a little more performance handling but not so much that if gives a stiffer ride.
Something middle ground with improved handling but still has good ride quality.
Thanks in advance :smile:

PS:Thanks to a secret admirer for the Heads Up to this Forum :thumbsup:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Welcome!

Many, if not most of us, use aftermarket Bilsteins available from shockwarehouse.com for a good price. I replaced my horrible OEM black Bilsteins (built to a low cost for GM by Bilstein) at 9000 miles and never looked back.

Just search for a few minutes and you can see a LOT of discussions about choosing new shocks.

Dec 4, 2011
DIF said:
Hi everyone, just bought a 07 Envoy SLT in Excellent condition with 51,000 miles.
Wouldn't say there's any real problem with the way it rides and handles but the RF strut shock is covered with oil and most likely leaking a little.
And basically, the overall ride seems to be leaning towards mushy and lacking just a bit from age.
I'm going to put on new rear shocks, front strut shocks and springs and looking for opinions and Reviews regarding which Brand and or type some of you have replaced yours with.
Right now I'm thinking KYB's and want something with a little more performance handling but not so much that if gives a stiffer ride.
Something middle ground with improved handling but still has good ride quality.
Thanks in advance :smile:

PS:Thanks to a secret admirer for the Heads Up to this Forum :thumbsup:

Most of us go with the Bilstien replacements from ShockWarehouse and other fine parts suppliers.

Here is a good link for instructions. I have used these and they worked well so I saved them.

Strut and Shock Install - Truck Test Digest

Good luck and plan to donate at least a couple of hours or more. :thumbsup:

Ed H

Oct 18, 2012
+3 Bilstein HDs. :wootwoot:

[video=youtube;-y4VbaEvCBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y4VbaEvCBE[/video]

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
filthycasual

Members Online