New Member --- NYC

Vibesd

Original poster
Apr 22, 2014
Hey GmtNation, Im new to this forum! I'm a big fan of all the Trailblazer forums and I am thankful for all of the help and information Ive gotten from all of these time vaults of knowledge.... I found Gmtnation via another member of trailvoy and found that this site is amazing and is now added to my bookmarks bar! I can't wait to indulge in the "search" feature....

But first I want to introduce myself.... I was born, raised and reside in NYC..... I was an EMT for a few years but i found my passion in construction/welding.... I am blessed to be an Iron Worker in NYC and was able to help reconstruct the World Trade Center.... I worked 50 & 60hr weeks on that project for about 2 years and using the train to commute back and forth most of the time, left me a neglected TB at home......

With thanks to God, and these great forums, Im the proud second owner of a Silver Metallic 2005 Chevy Trailblazer LT EXT with about 90% of the bells and whistles..... I got it at 70k miles and has been my best friend, now at 100k.... I haven't had any serious issues with it in the last 6 years I've owned it. I take my Trailblazer to Vermont for snow boarding, and upstate NY for camping and fishing. I towed a trailer for my bike once (Yamaha R1) I may do light towing again.... So mostly city driving for me, potholes, sink holes, pigeons, cats and squirrels is my everyday terrain..... Maybe an occasional possum when using the N.J. Turnpike or i95..... :smile:

My issues now are minor, my power seat doesn't move forward anymore, and my speedometer cluster finally gave up..... Though they are common, things like this only happens to my truck when my fiancé drives.... So with help from my future in laws and going through these threads of knowledge i have learned how to maintain my TB regularly, keep it functional and how to even add a few mods to it over some time after a fierce battle with procrastination.....

I added 5000k HIDs HI Lo Fog, Tinted all Front lights, Bug guards all around, 1.5" Fred Goeske wheel spacers, 255/65/17 General Grabber AT2 tires on Stock 17" rim
Resonator delete, Custom resonated glasspack and slanted rectangle exhaust tip... Not much.... But gonna add a few more upgrades....

I couldn't do any of this without the help from the forums and the members in them, the knowledge that "The_Roadie" :thumbsup: has dropped in these forums has made me sound like a pro when walking into these mechanic shops.... Im not the savvy-ist under the hood but I'm learning, now that my truck is no longer under warranty.... :smile:

My projects this year is MarkMC 2.5" leveling kit or SuspensionMaxx - I wanna go slightly taller and level out, i know i don't want to go bigger in the future. I want to know what kit is best for my use, and what i would need to purchase along with the kit to make it solid for the best "LMFAO" effect.... :smile: Lifts Meant For Appearance Only..... That was a Great Thread.....
I want to be able to set it and forget it!!! (with regular maintenance)

Im going to restore my paint for the first time in 6 years..... Fix all the chips and scratches from parking in the city over the years.... I went with Ammo NYC's paint regimen, their videos on youtube are great....

I want to plasti dip my stock rims black.... Or if anyone has a great deal on black 17" rims I'm in the market.....
Going to paint all the Grey exterior trim Black..... If anyone has any experiences, i would love to hear.....

Thanks guys for having me, any links guiding me in the right direction would help.....

Reactions: dmanns67

Vibesd

Original poster
Apr 22, 2014
Gotta paint that grey trim black..... May03LT is on it.... Can't wait to see his finish product....

Reactions: MAY03LT

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Vibesd said:
Gotta paint that grey trim black..... May03LT is on it.... Can't wait to see his finish product....
Welcome to the site! I guess you read my post from earlier. I didn't take many pics from the first "freshener-upper" I did in 08, but I will this time. :cool:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Welcome aboard!

I was born in Bethpage, grew up in Queens and now live near Philly. Work takes me up to LI quite a bit though.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Howdy there!

Vibesd

Original poster
Apr 22, 2014
MAY03LT said:
Welcome to the site! I guess you read my post from earlier. I didn't take many pics from the first "freshener-upper" I did in 08, but I will this time. :cool:
Coooool, im tuned in.....

Thanks for the welcome guys.... I'll be around..... I like the in your area "sightings" thread......
Im in the city so i see a lot of nice TBs, but i haven't seen one lifted yet...... :pictures:
Im zeroing in on the Markmc opposed to the Smaxx.... Should be installed in a few weeks.... Stay tuned! :popcorn:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online