new member from maine

daddyx2

Original poster
Sep 7, 2013
I was advised to move over here from a member from trailvoy.com, so I finally took his advice and signed up. Im in the Portland maine area. I just got a 2004 chevy trailblazer ls with 143 thousand miles on the clock, and electric starter. hope to meet fellow trailblazer or envoy drivers out there that can help me with some DIY maintenance, and prolonging the life of my trailblazer and giving it, a personal touch.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Welcome! :tiphat:

Glad you found your way to a more active site. :yes:

daddyx2

Original poster
Sep 7, 2013
thanks a lot, might take some to learn how to navigate this site as fluid as I had on the old one, but im sure ill get the hang of it with enough time invested!

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Welcome aboard!:cool:

You've come to the right place for DIY repairs and modifications.:thumbsup:

daddyx2

Original poster
Sep 7, 2013
MAY03LT said:
Welcome aboard!:cool:

You've come to the right place for DIY repairs and modifications.:thumbsup:

that's what I am noticing! sooo many ideas for my exhaust mods that I want to do... 3 more weeks and I should have the money squirreled away and ready to go spend at the exhaust shop, that and replacement headlight lenses because mine are starting to get the haze, and while im working on getting those, I might as well get Sylvania ultra high and low beams. looking into getting green bulbs (green trailblazer) for all my interior map/dome lights. might try digging into the housings and getting some bulb numbers tomorrow between college homework...might as well make it like the hulk lol :yes:

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
daddyx2 said:
that's what I am noticing! sooo many ideas for my exhaust mods that I want to do... 3 more weeks and I should have the money squirreled away and ready to go spend at the exhaust shop, that and replacement headlight lenses because mine are starting to get the haze, and while im working on getting those, I might as well get Sylvania ultra high and low beams. looking into getting green bulbs (green trailblazer) for all my interior map/dome lights. might try digging into the housings and getting some bulb numbers tomorrow between college homework...might as well make it like the hulk lol :yes:

194 for the ceiling lights, festoon bulb for the cargo, 194 for the corner lights up front.

This is another mmembers site, he has some other pretty cool stuff

http://dfwizleds.wix.com/led

daddyx2

Original poster
Sep 7, 2013
blazinlow89 said:
194 for the ceiling lights, festoon bulb for the cargo, 194 for the corner lights up front.

This is another mmembers site, he has some other pretty cool stuff

http://dfwizleds.wix.com/led

thanks!, but I tried to click on that link and it didn't work. and by my count I would need 8 of the 194 bulbs, and the festoon one would be tricky to find to match the same color green. I don't want super bright green, but like a dull green. I found a buyer on ebay that has the 194 bulbs in green for 8 bucks for a box of 10. Im doubting this would be something a local part store wouldn't carry and radioshack more than likely wouldn't either.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
daddyx2 said:
thanks!, but I tried to click on that link and it didn't work. and by my count I would need 8 of the 194 bulbs, and the festoon one would be tricky to find to match the same color green. I don't want super bright green, but like a dull green. I found a buyer on ebay that has the 194 bulbs in green for 8 bucks for a box of 10. Im doubting this would be something a local part store wouldn't carry and radioshack more than likely wouldn't either.

Ebay or Amazon, or build your own plenty of DIY threads on it. Parts stores tend to have an insane markup for the same bulbs you would get on online.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Yeah it looks like the minimum LED count for the 212-2 cargo bulbs is now 4. I had a 3 LED in mine a long time ago and it was really bright compared to the 194s, which were really bright on their own.

I had bad luck with the LEDs from autozone. One of my 194s went out and I bought a two pack and both of them went out long before any of the other original 7 did.

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
daddyx2 said:
2004 chevy trailblazer ls with 143 thousand miles on the clock, and electric starter.

welcome.

just broken in.

good thing you got the electric starter, hard to crank these by hand. cant push start either. :smile:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Welcome to GMTNation, your gonna love this place :thumbsup:

daddyx2

Original poster
Sep 7, 2013
meerschm said:
welcome.

just broken in.

good thing you got the electric starter, hard to crank these by hand. cant push start either. :smile:

My goal is to make this trailblazer last another 100k. And it's the factory electric starter, might as well use it in this wicked maine snow season...cuts down defrost time...

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Welcome to the Nation!

daddyx2

Original poster
Sep 7, 2013

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
Remote start.

nice to have, but did not come from the factory that way. some previous owner added it.

anyway, hope you enjoy the ride, and it keeps you nice and warm in the winter.

http://www.vadengmpp.com/owners-manual/chevrolet/2004-Chevrolet-TrailBlazer.pdf

in case you did not get the paper owners manual with the purchase

of interest is the transfer case maintenance, and a few other key fluids.

also advice to not use the A4WD. either2HI or 4HI, depending on conditions is advised. A4WD runs in 2WD, and then jumps when the wheels slip. can be hard on the equipment, and not work as expected.

and, again,

welcome!

daddyx2

Original poster
Sep 7, 2013
meerschm said:
Remote start.

nice to have, but did not come from the factory that way. some previous owner added it.

anyway, hope you enjoy the ride, and it keeps you nice and warm in the winter.

http://www.vadengmpp.com/owners-manual/chevrolet/2004-Chevrolet-TrailBlazer.pdf

in case you did not get the paper owners manual with the purchase

of interest is the transfer case maintenance, and a few other key fluids.

also advice to not use the A4WD. either2HI or 4HI, depending on conditions is advised. A4WD runs in 2WD, and then jumps when the wheels slip. can be hard on the equipment, and not work as expected.

and, again,

welcome!

I do believe the cheverolet dealership that it was purchased from installed it, as my mom is the original owner. I do remember her saying something that the 4x4 switch was a pain to deal with, as in put it in N, select 4low, and then you have to either drive forward til you feel it click in, and then to put it back in 2 wheel drive, you have to follow the same process only in reverse. If I know my dad, he remedied that problem. It is going to be a nice change of pace, coming from the push button style with the s10 that I had, but I am going to treat it the same, and avoid the A4WD all together. Thanks for the welcomes and the tips! I did do some poking around in it today, and noticed that the rear cargo bulb does not appear to be a festoon style, but the same 194 bulb, with the same deflector that the push button style map lights above the doors seem to have, and only one?

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I believe meerschm was referring to the surprisingly short 50k mile interval for changing the t-case fluid.

JCJARHEAD

Dec 7, 2011
Glad you made it over....this is why I was trying to pm you on the other site....ALL THE ACTION IS OVER HERE NOW! I think you will like it here....as you will get actual useful responses to your posts! ENJOY!

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Welcome!

daddyx2

Original poster
Sep 7, 2013

kawaholic

Sep 9, 2013
Welcome, this is the place to be!!!

daddyx2

Original poster
Sep 7, 2013