new LCA now hearing a pop when I brake

rene_320

Original poster
May 21, 2013
I changed both LCA this weekend and when I got it back from the alignment shop I heard a loud pop when I brake. Can this mean something is loose?

rene_320

Original poster
May 21, 2013
Mounce said:
Does it pop every time you hit three brake? Have you visually inspected it for obvious things?
Well it just pop that one time I hit the brake really hard. I tried to make the pop noise come back by going front and back but couldn't get it to pop again. I even tried to rock the truck just to see if maybe my sway bar links were loose but nothing.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
What's the likelihood that it was just a rock in the tire that got flung out and you just associated it with the recent work?

Need to either visually inspect things or take it to a shop so they can. Cheaper if you do it yourself and just look around to see if anything looks funny.

Reactions: rene_320

rene_320

Original poster
May 21, 2013
Mounce said:
What's the likelihood that it was just a rock in the tire that got flung out and you just associated it with the recent work?

Need to either visually inspect things or take it to a shop so they can. Cheaper if you do it yourself and just look around to see if anything looks funny.
Thanks Mounce it may have been just that a rock or something stuck on the tire. I visually inspected it and also tighten up the bolts and nuts on the parts I changed.

I really appreciate your help. Can always count on this community for help.

Reactions: Mounce

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online