New exhaust manifold

corky

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Portland OR
So i received my new dorman exhaust manifold came with everything you need but the mounting bolts which i think was an option i overlooked, it was pretty nice the only thing i did was port match the ports as they are not as well shaped as the factory pipe and i found three broken bolts at the rear they were still sticking out just a little over a quarter of an inch, fought trying to get them out with vice grips when i found this stud remover and its amazing took me about ten minutes to get all three bolts out, i also took my cat which was clogged up knocked out all the internals and remounted, sounds and runs so much better. Im happy.
IMG_20230704_090807185.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230704_091413282.jpg
    IMG_20230704_091413282.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 9

wormwood1978

Jan 3, 2015
Do you have a link to the stud remover you used?

So i received my new dorman exhaust manifold came with everything you need but the mounting bolts which i think was an option i overlooked, it was pretty nice the only thing i did was port match the ports as they are not as well shaped as the factory pipe and i found three broken bolts at the rear they were still sticking out just a little over a quarter of an inch, fought trying to get them out with vice grips when i found this stud remover and its amazing took me about ten minutes to get all three bolts out, i also took my cat which was clogged up knocked out all the internals and remounted, sounds and runs so much better. Im happy.
View attachment 108948

JayArr

Sep 24, 2018
Mission BC Canada
Are the custom exhaust mounting bolts still available somewhere? Look for them.

IIRC the stock bolts were shorter than the threaded holes in the head but you had to be careful about getting bolts that were too long because they would bottom out and the exhaust would leak past the gasket.

When I was rebuilding my engine someone from this forum steered me to a set of bolts that was the exact length needed to use all the available threads in the head without bottoming out.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe102938

Members Online