Need service manuals? Get them here!

AnimateDeath

Jan 29, 2012
Wow! Thanks for this! I have them all on my touchpad with the rest of my stuff. Its a lot easier to use it when I am outside with the TB. AWESOME.

snowbear

Dec 5, 2011
Thank you. :thumbsup:

It is interesting that I can display the CODES pages without having to log in, but not download/save them.

Reactions: Redbeard

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
geoturtle said:
Thank you. :thumbsup:

It is interesting that I can display the CODES pages without having to log in, but not download/save them.

I just tried it and it did prompt me to log in. Maybe you have the log in info saved in your browser's saved passwords and it automatically logs you in. Yes, that is a PDF so it would open automatically from within your browser. It would be preferable to save it, either by right clicking on the link and select "Save link as" or once it's open, click on the save button in Adobe Reader (diskette icon) and save it.

Reactions: Redbeard

Wyle

Dec 4, 2011
Changed the front differential seal last weekend and was going to search the forums for all the brake, hub, axle torque specs and then realized :lightbulb: I already have the service manual - courtesy of Mooseman.

Thanks again, dude.

Suitcase

Apr 23, 2012
When the manual is downloaded, it comes in the PDF format shown, correct? Are these files actually on your hard drive, or are you just able to access them on their web site. If they are on your HD why can't you just use a thumb drive to transfer them to your laptop? That way you could take it to the shop and have it handy there. I could download it on my iPad but I wouldn't want to only be available on that.

am-radio

Apr 24, 2012
Suitcase said:
When the manual is downloaded, it comes in the PDF format shown, correct? Are these files actually on your hard drive, or are you just able to access them on their web site. If they are on your HD why can't you just use a thumb drive to transfer them to your laptop? That way you could take it to the shop and have it handy there. I could download it on my iPad but I wouldn't want to only be available on that.

The manual downloaded to my computer as a PDF. The gm codes just opened as a file and I had to save them to my hard drive.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
All but the two trouble code PDF files are ZIP files. Download the ZIP's, unzip and save them to wherever you want. For the PDF's, just do a right click and save as instead of just clicking on them. If you do click on them, just save them from Adobe Reader. I think it's called "Save a copy".

Enjoy! :biggrin:

mcc

Apr 8, 2012
Wow, thanks! I spent about an hour searching for these manuals a couple months ago and turned up nothing. It's quite a surprise to stumble upon them like this!

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Moose,

Just wanted to update you. The home pc died and we got a new laptop, downloaded the files again and they work like a charm. Guess Windows 2000 is really old!

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Matt said:
Moose,

Just wanted to update you. The home pc died and we got a new laptop, downloaded the files again and they work like a charm. Guess Windows 2000 is really old!

Welcome to the 21st century :biggrin:. It did come out in 1999. Even Windows XP is starting to show its age.

Enjoy the manuals.

envisionelec

Jun 20, 2012
Hmm, I can't seem to download the files. Credentials entered...several times. I'm behind a proxy at work, could this be to blame?

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
More than likely. Also, these files are huge so not a good idea to use your employer's bandwidth or have the guys in suits paying you a visit.

envisionelec

Jun 20, 2012
Mooseman said:
More than likely. Also, these files are huge so not a good idea to use your employer's bandwidth or have the guys in suits paying you a visit.

The guys in suits and I are tight. Not worried about that. :wink:

envisionelec

Jun 20, 2012
Mooseman said:

But...I still can't DL from home. So...not sure why it doesn't work. Do I have to have a minimum number of posts?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
envisionelec said:
Do I have to have a minimum number of posts?
Nope.

mubai

Jan 5, 2012
Thanks! This is some good reading :book:

27Mb/s download and 56Mb/s upload at the client's site over WiFi is definitely nice to have in cases like this.:wootwoot:

motorhead

Jul 3, 2012
Mooseman said:

Meh. Works fine through DND computers. :wink:

Mooseman, thanks so much for this! If you ever see a black TBSS w/a MOTORH3D plate cruising the 417 give a honk and wave or if you find me at a Tim's in town come say hi and the coffee is on me. :biggrin:

Cheers!

envisionelec

Jun 20, 2012
I think the extreme heat is getting to me.

I was using my credentials to log into the forum, NOT the posted logins. :rotfl:

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
motorhead said:
Meh. Works fine through DND computers. :wink:

Mooseman, thanks so much for this! If you ever see a black TBSS w/a MOTORH3D plate cruising the 417 give a honk and wave or if you find me at a Tim's in town come say hi and the coffee is on me. :biggrin:

Cheers!

Cool. No prob. If you happen to spot a black and rusty EXT with missing roof rack, resonator and a sticker in the back glass that says "Nobody cares about your stick figure family" with Jason chasing a stick family, that's me. Man I hate those stickers!

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
envisionelec said:

But...I still can't DL from home. So...not sure why it doesn't work. Do I have to have a minimum number of posts?

Should work. When you click on the links do you get a user name and password prompt? Which browser are you using?

aspevacek

Jul 4, 2012
Hey thanks DLed the one for my brothers truck, have not looked at i tyet and I am sure it will be of mor euse then the haynes manual he gave me for his truck.

Thanks again

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Hey Moose... have you noticed an increase of traffic for the manuals as of late??

I'm getting loads of requests from the OS for where they can found, and of course I'm pointing them to this thread... :thumbsup:

I was just curious... :undecided:

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The control panel of my webhost is pretty lame and I cannot get stats by time periods at all. All I can get is that there has been 682.7GB of traffic up until now. Doesn't even say if it's for the month, year or lifetime of the site. With a little more than 1GB for all downloads, I would assume that there may have been about 600 downloads since I don't use my site for anything else. So far, no complaints from my webhost.:lipsrsealed:

Keep 'em coming. The more converts, the better. :thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online