Need help identifying this thing?

Knucklehead

Original poster
Jul 23, 2014
It's on an 03 trailblazer. Ls I believe.

It's under the driver side dash. About were the knee is. It's blinks green. I pulled the little green cover closest to the wires. And the horn starting honking.

We own 7 Chevys. 3 of them trailblazers And none of them have this on them. Does anybody know what it is?

No aftermarket alarm. Use and programmed factory keyfob. And wires look like a factory pigtail.

2y4y4a5a.jpg

Sir ffeJ

Dec 1, 2011
Sounds like an aftermarket alarm light.
Pictures?

Sir ffeJ

Dec 1, 2011
That for sure is not factory. Perhaps a engine kill. All I can think of would be to follow the wires to where they go.

After thought
Have you unscrewed it to see if there is any info on the back of it?

freddyboy61

Dec 4, 2011
Do those two buttons do anything? Is the LED on or blinking at any particular time?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I'd be taking the kick panel off and following the wires I guess.

ghenny440

Dec 14, 2011
Are you still makeing payments on the truck? If so i would say thats a GPS/ shut down module... I install them for dealers around the area of my shop and that looks very similar to the ones i have installed, follow the wireing to the stearing column if the starter wire is cut and spliced into this module that is what it is, miss a payment they get on the computer find the car and shut it down, they are normally hid under the dash though, i believe the starter wire is yellow on our trucks

Reactions: Blckshdw

Hypnotoad

Dec 5, 2011
The wiring looks too nice to be factory wiring. Not enough loosely wrapped electric tape and the wires aren't all crisscrossed.

Reactions: yodaddy4200

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
ghenny440 said:
Are you still makeing payments on the truck? If so i would say thats a GPS/ shut down module... I install them for dealers around the area of my shop and that looks very similar to the ones i have installed, follow the wireing to the stearing column if the starter wire is cut and spliced into this module that is what it is, miss a payment they get on the computer find the car and shut it down, they are normally hid under the dash though, i believe the starter wire is yellow on our trucks
That was my first thought.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Hypnotoad said:
The wiring looks too nice to be factory wiring. Not enough loosely wrapped electric tape and the wires aren't all crisscrossed.
You're right, also needs more knob-and-tube wire mounting.

Knucklehead

Original poster
Jul 23, 2014
Ok guys. I finally had Time to look into it and get the lowered dash pieces off trace the wires.

It turned out to be an alarm. I kept asking the guy I bought it from if he knew. He said no and it didn't have an alarm.

Turns out it was an alarm. Very simple alarm at that. Other alarms I have ripped out or installed had way more wiring then this thing.

Thanks for the input fellas.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Knucklehead said:
Ok guys. I finally had Time to look into it and get the lowered dash pieces off trace the wires.

It turned out to be an alarm. I kept asking the guy I bought it from if he knew. He said no and it didn't have an alarm.

Turns out it was an alarm. Very simple alarm at that. Other alarms I have ripped out or installed had way more wiring then this thing.

Thanks for the input fellas.
If the guy's telling the truth, must have been some other previous owner that put it there. How many previous owners?

Knucklehead

Original poster
Jul 23, 2014
IllogicTC said:
If the guy's telling the truth, must have been some other previous owner that put it there. How many previous owners?
He said his grandma bought it from the dealer a few years back. So I'm guessing it was a preowned dealer trade in. Then she drove it gave it to his uncle and his uncle gave it to my buddy(who I got it from). None Of the people in his family had known about the alarm. They just thought it was a stock thing.

He ended buying a few key fobs to program to the TB. So I'm sure he never really knew either.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online