NEED HELP Navigation for 09 GMC Envoy Denali

JRM18

Original poster
Aug 3, 2016
Dallas
Hi All,

I am hoping that someone here will be able to help me out. I just purchased a 09 GMC Envoy last week and it has been great so far. Only down sides so far is the inability to play music from my phone as there is no aux or bluetooth streaming and my phone wont stay connected longer than 5 seconds to make calls. I think I will end up adding a device to fix the bluetooth issue. However, it was also missing the navigation disc, which is a bummer considering these dvd's are still so expensive. Does anyone here know how to get one of these fairly cheap or have the files so I could make one?

Any tips on this will be greatly appreciated as I would like to have a fully functional new (to me) vehicle.

Thanks!

Reactions: Bow_Tied

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The navigation disk has been difficult, if not impossible to find, to the point one member sold his radio. For Bluetooth, have heard of a product called bluestar
http://www.costartech.com/pb/products/bluestar.html

I don't know it personally but it's an avenue to look at.

shovenose

Apr 24, 2016
SF Bay Area, CA
What about putting in an aftermarket head unit that has the features you want?

Reactions: Mooseman

Bow_Tied

Dec 21, 2014
London, ON

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I have the files to make a nav disc, and it is fairly painful to burn. It takes roughly 2 hours to burn, must be a dual layer DVD, and the burning program must be able to burn under specific guidelines. I burned 4 discs before I got one that worked. Another 7 before I got a second good disc for my avalanche.

I recommend the bluefusion or isimple for Bluetooth integration. I own both, I recommend both for different reasons. The bluefusion works well, and I have it installed in my Envoy. No add on frills, just Bluetooth. The isimple, installed in my avalanche, has add on features, after buying an additional piece, like HD Radio, a dedicated charging port for your specific phone (iPhone or Android) with USB integration. However the isimple is not as stable, and about once a week I have to hit the reset button on it to get it to function. When it freezes it also makes my navigation radio crash.

I love the HD Radio function of the isimple, but I ultimately recommend the bluefusion. The unstable isimple cam be irritating.

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhenninger

Members Online