n8030 fittment issue???

trucker85

Original poster
Oct 12, 2012
I got marks 3 inch lift got some n8030 skyjackers. Put washers on both sides but where the bolt goes through the metal sleeve inside the poly bushing on the bottom I have some play inside the metal sleeve . Anyone's help would be awesome the ckunk is driving me nuts lol.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
You should take a look at offroadtb.com our sister site, that is probably where you came up with using them. There are a number of us using them over there. With that, I have not had a problem with any clunking on mine.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Sounds like your metal sleeve needs more wall thickness to better match the bolt OD. Have you contacted Skyjacker to ask them for alternate sleeves? Are you absolutely certain the clunking is from there and not a loose anti-sway bar end link? Or one of the eight control arm mounting bolts or two Panhard bar bolts or the anti-sway bar mounting bushings and brackets?

trucker85

Original poster
Oct 12, 2012
Hey roadie yeah its loose in the sleeve have washers on both sides but I'm gonna try a nylon sleeve inside the bushing . Haven't been having good luck with n8030 for some reason I'm in my second set . I ordered them from auto anything and with in a month both were leaking fluid . I'd like to try a different set of shocks . Any suggestion or part numbers ? I have marks 3 inch lift other than that everything is good had gm dealer look it over good last time and clean bill of health:smile:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
There really isn't much out there for our platform.

Bilstein 24-103350
Rancho RS5387
Fox 98224619

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online