Morimoto Mini H1 vs Mini D2S projectors and high beam question

GeoGoGo

Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
Upstate NY
Hi Everyone,

I am finally going to retrofit my 2007 LT. I have been lurking here and HID Planet long enough. I do feel like I need a little bit more information.

I was hoping to get some input on the Morimoto Mini H1 and Mini D2S projectors. Could anyone give me some thoughts about the advantages and drawbacks of both projectors? Is one better than the other?

My second question is what are people doing about the high beam? Leaving the bucket empty? Using some other light in its place?

I would love to hear any thoughts, ideas, suggestions, or opinions! Thanks so much for the time everyone. Have a great night!

Respectfully,
George D.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I left my standard highbeam in place and it comes on with the projector high. As for one vs the other, mini is a slightly easier retrofit but d2s is a better projector I believe.

GeoGoGo

Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
Upstate NY
Has anyone retrofit the Mini D2S projectors? Is it a lot more difficult to install? I believe the D2Ss have the threaded rod mount as well. What kind of performance increase is there over the Mini H1s?

Anyone have any pictures of the D2S projectors installed? Any good write ups with links that still work?

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I forgot about the mini 7. The light output from that is pretty awesome, for ease I would just go with that as the difference to the d2s from the 7 isn't as great as previous generations. There are a few guys running retrofits but I don't recall who has d2s. There's a members retrofit thread laying around that should have a lot of information.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Has anyone retrofit the Mini D2S projectors? Is it a lot more difficult to install?

The posts in your HIDP thread pretty much tell you everything you need to know between the 2 models. As far as these questions, I went with a quad MD2S setup with my first retrofit. The only extra 'difficulty' involved over MH1 projectors is using a dremel with a sanding drum to widen the bulb holes in the reflector. Other than the size of the threaded shaft, the retrofit process is exactly the same.

I have a thread in the member builds section for my retrofits, LOTS of pics there :pictures:

Reactions: littleblazer

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online