monroe economy strut assy.

bakersfour

Original poster
Jan 22, 2012
has anyone had any experience with the monroe economy strut assy. for 2002 tb. the regular ones ore around 200$ and economy 90$. the description on rock auto says the same for both. im not towing or off roading just everyday driving.

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
bakersfour said:
has anyone had any experience with the monroe economy strut assy. for 2002 tb. the regular ones ore around 200$ and economy 90$. the description on rock auto says the same for both. im not towing or off roading just everyday driving.

A friend of mine said that the Monroe Reflex makes the handling much better on a TB, not sure if that is the model your looking at but they seem to be decent...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
As a general rule of thumb I tend to shy away from anything that uses "economy" in their name or description as generally the quality seems dubious.

I'd just get the shocks and reuse stock springs, but I understand if you're not keen on using the spring compressors and disassembling them.

CRAZYDAVE

Jul 22, 2012
I just replaced the front shock assemblies with the Quick-Strut from Monroe. $216 apiece from Advanced Auto plus online coupon. Save $50. Rock auto does state that the economy is not original ride. Top left corner on page. For all that work spend the extras cash,especially if you plan on keeping your TB. Good Luck.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Moore

Members Online