misfiring?

H2Oboy

May 4, 2014
I have similar issues with my 02 TB should i continue the post or start new thread since this sounds like its about wrapped up.

can't get a cylinder code just p0300

yodaddy4200

Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
It took a couple weeks before I got any codes... I would post another thread. It sounds like yours is a little different. I got a P0304 just a couple minutes after my p0300.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Keep us posted on how that coil holds up. If it shows promise after a few months or even years, the price is a steal.

nagyiii

Apr 26, 2014
The_Roadie said:
You might also find the plug well filled with water that gets in from flowing through the cowl. Blow it out with compressed air before pulling the plug if you want to inspect the plugs.

This happened to me about a year ago, blew coil pack 1 and 2 after I just had them replaced a year before that. Sometimes I think I had less issues when I was driving 500 miles a week, instead of the maybe 50 I drive now...

yodaddy4200

Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
I should note that I got paranoid about the "off brand coil". I went to the local salvage yard and got a Delphi OEM used coil for $28.

I still have the other coil I believe I might return it.

On second thought I might just do a experiment and throw it in and see what happens??? I'll let you guys know either way.

jballentine

Dec 24, 2011
Mine seems to be missing as well. I changed the plugs & it still hesitates just not as bad. Mine hasn't thrown a code yet and didn't even when it was real bad. It would be a guessing game for me to start changing coils out. Seems that #4 is usually the first one to go.

ylab

Dec 6, 2011
I had the same issue a few weeks back, no codes but watching Torque's monitors could see random misfires count and then zero when one didn't occur for several seconds. Apparently you need a fairly regular misfire to cause a code and some of the non-AC-Delco/Delphi coils are worth spit! - I swapped out one, only to have to get it replaced 2 days later when the issue remained. A week later another coil, if you start loosing coils save yourself some aggravation and just order a set of 6 AC-Delco coils off Amazon for the $23x.00, my experience with mine and a friends truck is that they tend to start die close together after time or mileage. (FYI, I'm at 86k, but 13+ years old on my '02).

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gdub2306

Members Online