Misfire counter on torque

Mounce

Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Does the misfire counter on torque do just what it says, count misfires? I find these numbers a little bizarre when there were no noticeable hiccups. Those high numbers each popped up at different times and all popped up that their value, they didn't climb, just instantly that number. One number on cylinder 3 popped up then went away within about a second. I'm just not sure that I'm understanding what I'm seeing and I'm looking for what these results mean, metaphorically speaking.

(ps: numbers came from the Mustang, not the TB so I'm not looking for diagnostics necessarily.)

Screenshot_2015-11-02-18-35-45_zpsflnoac0p.png

Mounce

Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Idk if it's just how old the car is and it's computer isn't precise enough to read it right or what. Just weird. Thought I'd ask the more knowledgeable.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I checked the misfire counter a couple of times, years ago before I got my tune, and it had wonky numbers that seemed all over the map, even though my EXT seemed to be running fine. So I dismissed it and never looked at it again. Maybe I'll have another look and see if it still does that now. :undecided:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Maybe they're total misfires since the last reset?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I found an old screen shot I took, from back when I played with the misfire counter last spring... :crazy:

Screenshot_2014-03-28-16-10-59_zpsoucvydtz.png

Reactions: Mounce

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Decided to check the misfire counts on my commute to work this morning. Watching the behavior live again, I remember why I blew it off before. It looked similar to the bottom row in the previous pic. Cylinders 1-4 showed the exact same numbers for the same cylinders. 5 and 6 would ALTERNATE between 7.0 and 234 or 232. :confused:
wtf.gif

So yeah, I can't give any credibility to this aspect of the ap. :no:

Reactions: Mounce and Mooseman

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
Misfire works great on my 5.3, both History and Current. It helped me diagnose a misfire that was lighting the CEL.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online