DEAL Mirror LED Inserts

BoldAdventure

Jun 28, 2012
These look really great. If I wasn't planning on switching to tow mirrors real soon I'd be throwing my money at you. :thumbsup:

Venomhatch

Aug 14, 2013
TXBlazer said:
Here's the lowdown on The Mirror LED Inserts. I have designed and built this cool little LED insert that just slides into the Mirror Lens and a SSTL bolt holds it in place. All you have to do is remove your Lens, remove the Stock Bulb & Socket, pop the reflector insert out of the Lens, slide the LED Insert in, install the retaining screw, plug the LED's in (turn on your 4-way flashers to make sure they are plugged in correctly) replace the Lens and you're done!!

The LED Inserts are $50 a pair including ground shipping.

The set shown above has 18 LED's, 9 facing Front and 9 Back. Amber is the color I stock, so custom colors are not out of the question, it will just take a few days to get other colors.

Here's the set I did for Speedmaster747

PM me if you have any questions. :thumbsup:
Can you do all Hyper Bright White? and is it still $50.00?

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
Ive talked to him rcently he said he just got some new leds in and will make some soon

Venomhatch

Aug 14, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Not sure how often TXBlazer gets on lately. You might want to send him a PM too.

Aarkon said:
Ive talked to him rcently he said he just got some new leds in and will make some soon

Thank you both! I might also go with Hyper White forward and red backwards. I don't know how that look honestly though.

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
Venomhatch said:
Thank you both! I might also go with Hyper White forward and red backwards. I don't know how that look honestly though.

That would be cool im doing amber front and red back. wish I had the money for the switch back fronts though

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
They should be good with my towns stupidity but id rather do white and red like you want to

Venomhatch

Aug 14, 2013
Aarkon said:
They should be good with my towns stupidity but id rather do white and red like you want to

As dmanns67 was telling me about this mod. I still need to find some cheap clear used lenses.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Venomhatch said:
Thank you both! I might also go with Hyper White forward and red backwards. I don't know how that lok honestly though.

When I had my version of this mod, that was the color scheme I chose too. Looked pretty good IMO, but maybe I'm a little biased :wink:

Venomhatch said:
As dmanns67 was telling me about this mod. I still need to find some cheap clear used lenses.

I was gonna say cheap and used isn't possible, but considering the price you got on that complete SS dash... I'm sure if anyone can find em for less than the Ebay prices, you will!

Venomhatch

Aug 14, 2013
Blckshdw said:
When I had my version of this mod, that was the color scheme I chose too. Looked pretty good IMO, but maybe I'm a little biased :wink:

I was gonna say cheap and used isn't possible, but considering the price you got on that complete SS dash... I'm sure if anyone can find em for less than the Ebay prices, you will!

Yeah I have been looking for some time.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:sleepy: Not fully awake yet... when I glanced at the post, I was like :eek: He has switchback inserts now!!! :faint:

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Hmmm damn it looks like i need to pick up some turn signal mirrors soon!...I know i have seen them before on ebay with heat and the turn signal combo!....Got a question for txblazer though...do you still do the quad tail light mod parts as well?

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Darkrider_LS said:
Hmmm damn it looks like i need to pick up some turn signal mirrors soon!...I know i have seen them before on ebay with heat and the turn signal combo!....Got a question for txblazer though...do you still do the quad tail light mod parts as well?

I think May03LT sells the boards too if TXBlazer is out.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
dmanns67 said:
I think May03LT sells the boards too if TXBlazer is out.

I will Def be sending him a pm in a bit to see.

TXBlazer

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA
I haven't done any tail boards in quite a while.....Kinda busy with the LED inserts, and some body work. Pretty soon it will be Drag time, so most of my time will be at the track.

TXBlazer

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA
One set of Red (Front & Rear) 2 sets Amber (Front & Rear) 2 sets White (Front & Rear) 3 sets Amber/Front & Red/Rear, Tested & Boxed ready to ship

$50 a set as a PayPal gift or $52 a set as a payment. Shipping included.

PM me what color you want.:cool:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
If you don't have these yet, do yourself a favour and get them. One of the best mods I've got! :thumbsup:

Reactions: JamesL3

TXBlazer

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA
One set of Red (Front & Rear) 1 set Amber (Front & Rear) 2 sets White (Front & Rear) Tested & Boxed ready to ship.

I will have more Amber/Front & Red/Rear ready on Monday (3-3)

PM me what color you want, or if you want something not listed.

TXBlazer

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA
One set of Red (Front & Rear) 1 set Amber (Front & Rear) 2 sets White (Front & Rear) 3 sets Amber/Front & Red/Rear. Tested & Boxed ready to ship.

TXBlazer

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA
1 set of Red (Front & Rear) 1 set Amber (Front & Rear) 1 set White (Front & Rear) 3 Sets Amber/Front & Red/Rear, Tested & Boxed ready to ship.

TXBlazer

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA
1 set of Red (Front & Rear) 3 sets Amber (Front & Rear) 1 set White (Front & Rear) 2 Sets Amber/Front & Red/Rear, Tested & Boxed ready to ship.

TXBlazer

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA
3 sets of Amber Front / Red Rear, 3 sets Amber (Front & Rear) 1 set White (Front & Rear) & 1 set White Front / Red Rear, Tested & Boxed ready to ship.

$50 a set as a PayPal gift or $52 a set as a payment. Shipping included for the lower 48.

Nazrac

Apr 22, 2014
They do look pretty slick.

This video shows the red rear white front set. iPhone video makes it look shabby but trust me at night, its a 100% difference from the stock amber T6 bulbs. Even in daylight I can see these clearly now. I did do some dremel re work on the back black plastic inserts in to make everything water tight as these things are prone to that even in stock configuration.

http://youtu.be/-UMznyqQCh0

First post on this site BTW, I converted over from the other site I won't name here. :wink:
Thanks TX. good work on these.

Nazrac

Apr 22, 2014
Yeah my paint is unique. Its basically matte black with 4 or so layers of satin clear coat on top. Similar to "hot rod black" as some folks keep calling it.

It seemed like a great idea but not well thought out unfortunately, much like pearl paint jobs when I get a ding or scratch I'm repainting huge portions of the truck to keep it a unified tone.
The side air brushing flames also make that a necessity (those are actually not decals but painted on with grey/white fade off).
I had to re paint one front fender on the passenger side to the tune of $1900 for example, so like I said, looks good but it sure is a pricey setup.

I might take my beast out on a sunny day and snap a few pictures and upload to the galleries here if I can figure that out. :smile:

Like I said, keep those modes coming, this one looks good.

Reactions: TXBlazer

bmcutright

Apr 15, 2014
Just got a pair of the Amber inserts from BlckShdw, now I need to light them up. Would you recommend Amber or white for Amber lenses? Also, is there a mod to turn a few of the LEDs to parking lights? (1/3 on with parking lights, other 2/3 to flash with signal if parking lights on, all to flash with lights off?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
You'll want to use amber LEDs behind the amber lenses, otherwise you'll get a light yellow color if you mix them. I believe the strips are 1 positive and 1 ground for the entire length of LEDs, so any logic you come up with would have to be applied to the whole setup, unless you did some custom LED setup and go some blank bases from him to mount them to. :undecided:

TXBlazer

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA
With the way I have the inserts set up there is no way to light just part of them, they are 12 LED strips that are encased in clear flexible PVC, they are either all on or all off.

Blckshdw is correct, with amber lenses you should go with amber LED's...with white LED's they will look very light yellow, or with red LED's they will look dark orange.

kjkim93

Jan 1, 2012
TXBlazer said:
With the way I have the inserts set up there is no way to light just part of them, they are 12 LED strips that are encased in clear flexible PVC, they are either all on or all off.

Blckshdw is correct, with amber lenses you should go with amber LED's...with white LED's they will look very light yellow, or with red LED's they will look dark orange.
I forgot to ask what's the "warranty" on these inserts? They're cheap enough that I would mind replacing them if they went out, but just wondering

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online